Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

A key to peace. Gratititude! 5 day challenge guaranteed, or your money back. :D

I am making a challenge, although mainly to myself, as I need this. The goal is to write 5 things you are grateful for each day, people places, things, even feelings, thoughts, and as I do this my hope is to set a fire to my ability to examine those very real things in life that are indeed much needed, to see the little things that I keep in the recess of my mind, the things I do not notice when I'm wrapped up in life experiences.

Join me if you wish, I hope you do, but I am grateful I don't have the responsibility to make anyone participate.

So I will begin. Peace y'all

1. I am grateful for my father, and the things he has taught me, hunting, fishing, work habits, as well as working on cars, welding, and building things.

2. I am grateful for my mom, the great food she cooked, and the time she worked to manage various business's and the care she took of her home, the cleanliness, the funny jokes she has told, as well as her cooking for an army, and now the time she spends helping her friends go through some health issues, doctor appointments.

3. I am grateful for my brother, his skillful architectural work in the sheet metal industry and his strong desire to do it right. I am thankful for his innocent ways, his giving nature, and commitment to his son. I am grateful for his humor, and his relentless desire to help his friends complete jobs around their homes.

4. I am grateful for my son, who is a father of 3, and only 28 and has accepted raising 2 step children. He works hard at being a family man, loves giving to his family, and is a compassionate friend. His love of the less fortunate ( I recall when we lived in Nashville he wanted me to give all my money to a homeless man on the street). His honesty, and his determination to make sense of his panic, and work to keep his balance. He's insightful, and ambitious, and so curious about life.

5. I am grateful for my daughter, her drive in education, her hard working nature, and her ability to overcome the loss of her first child. She's a scheduled person, strong willed and beautiful inside and out. Her compassion for others, and her choice of a husband who is quite fitting for her.

6. I am grateful for my youngest daughter. Now 18, works full time, knows what she wants, and works to get it. She bought paid cash to buy her first car, got her license even though scared to take the test. She pushes on and respects her grandma, and has always been by my side, laying hardwood floors, wiring outlets, laying carpet, cutting and chopping firewood these last 5 years as it was our source of heat. (we have a furnace now) YAY! She's helped build decks, porches, install doors, and is trying her hand in my new welding, blacksmith shop. She's a great cook, and so giving to others.

I know I went six. LOL Anyway this was not as easy as I thought. I wanted to get into what I don't like too. I seen how strengths are usually associated with what I might judge as weakness's too. Ahh judgements, those thoughts that creep in.

Good luck.... Peace

http://youtu.be/F-iTlKDVwng (this video may help get you started)
    Last edited by GeneAllen; 02-16-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

It is such nice idea, but I will go smaller

1. I am grateful that I wake up after long sleep, with not pain.
    2.I am grateful to my hubby who help me to do something in house today.
    3. I am grateful to my grandchild for a hug I received.
    4. I am grateful that I have place to stay and bed to sleep in, when so many of others do not have..
    5. I am grateful to my son who build my computer, so I may meat people like Gene and countless other kind peaple)
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Such beautiful thread and no one posting?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I'm still trying to find 5 things friends!!!...

E-Man...
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    Such beautiful thread and no one posting?
    1. that i am done with dp
    2. that i am super strong and i lived through hell and managed to get out alive
    3. family and friends
    4. that i am done with stupid thoughts
    5. that i refound what life is and how to enjoy it
    6. thanks to eman, aliaseq and many others here plus my girfriend and doc and the guy who invented lexapro i got my life back.

Eman do you want me to help you? I can easily give you 5 things to be grateful for starting with your puppy maybe? ) or friends you have, look so many people look up to you and you helping them, )
    Look
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimi
    6. thanks to eman, aliaseq and many others here plus my girfriend and doc and the guy who invented lexapro i got my life back.
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yes...thank you Dahl!
    1. I am proud of Cimi!
    2. I am proud of Alias!
    3. I am happy that you reminded me of something good!
    4. I am uhhh,..loving the puppy but he won't go outside he's petrified of the cold and snow and wind!
    5. I am grateful to have such good friends here too...I wish I could go visit with you all and assist even more!
    6. I have 0 anxiety...even though my world is caving in around me..I don't really care! Hence=no anxiety...YAY!!!
    7. I am proud of all those countless others that we've seen here that found their lives and moved on,,,(just wish some would've stayed around to share the strength and spirits to assist others that struggle).....

Enduronman....
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1. I'm happy I'm not having any anxiety symptoms at the moment
    2. A big thank you to E-man and Cimi - I'm happy that they helped/are helping me out with one of my biggest challenge in my life.
    3. I'm happy that I'm working out every day -new records everyday
    4. I'm happy that I'm soon getting my driver license
    5. I'm happy I found this forum!

Elias

A brilliant thread.
    I would like to join in, even though the task proved more difficult to get started than I first thought.
    1. I am grateful for my Mum, she is the strongest woman I know. She has always been there, trying to understand what I'm going through, trying to get me out the other side. She is my rock.
    2. I am grateful to my Dad, the hours he spent working under cars to give us our childhood home. How I know when I see him now, he is telling me he loves me when he gives my arm a quick hard punch.
    3. I am grateful for my pets, the way my cats curl up in front of the fire and purr away in complete contentment. My bunny hopping around and leaping in the air for pure joy.
    4. I am grateful I have a roof over my head and food in the cupboard.
    5. I am grateful that people can be filled with such huge capacity for kindness and warmth for others.
    6. I am grateful for my best friend, who can make me laugh like no other.

I will try to acknowledge more things I am grateful for each day.
    Even after years of circling the same waters, it's possible to find a way to shore.

YAY!!! Hi Abi!!! Good to see you....and read your posts too friend...

E-Man..