Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anxiety about changing meds :/

I just don't know what to take and it seems my Dr asks me what i want, instead of telling what she thinks would work the best.. Ive been having a lot of anxiety/panic the last few days which i'm assuming if Celexa was working i wouldn't be feeling this way, right?
    Success stories with med changes? :/

Feels weird talking to you in a business setting like this.

So, hello Miss Nova.

Yes, it would seem from speaking with you a lot, that your meds aren't very effective for you.

Just going by the lists that come out, Zoloft is always near the very top for effectiveness and ease of use. I know kris is doing well on that, so that's one med to ask your Dr about if you wanted.

Celexa was mainly intended for treatment of depression. It's anti-anxiety properties aren't always the greatest. In some countries it isn't even prescribed at all for anxiety. Zoloft on the other hand is pretty tailored to anxiety, panic attacks, OCD and the like.

I do think there's a better med out there for you somewhere.

Took me four tries and two different classes to find mine, but it was life changing when I did. The same seems to be the case for kris, and the countless others that find something that hits the spot

Don't settle if you're I satisfied, it should be pretty easy to switch given you have some SSRI tolerance now.

I also had anxiety about the thought of changing my meds. I knew for a while that the celexa wasn't doing the trick for me but my anxiety prevented my from asking my doc to change because I was afraid of side effects and stuff. Despite the very minor spike in anxiety the first few days (which was due to the fear of potential side effects...which never even happened) it was the best decision I made. I feel 90% better. I'm not quite there but almost!
    In my opinion, I think your delaying the inevitable. I think you gave celexa a fair shot and it's clearly not doing it for you.
    It's time to get your life back. Good luck! Keep me posted

And, the transition from celexa to Zoloft was easy. It went perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Feels weird talking to you in a business setting like this.

So, hello Miss Nova.

Yes, it would seem from speaking with you a lot, that your meds aren't very effective for you.

Just going by the lists that come out, Zoloft is always near the very top for effectiveness and ease of use. I know kris is doing well on that, so that's one med to ask your Dr about if you wanted.

Celexa was mainly intended for treatment of depression. It's anti-anxiety properties aren't always the greatest. In some countries it isn't even prescribed at all for anxiety. Zoloft on the other hand is pretty tailored to anxiety, panic attacks, OCD and the like.

I do think there's a better med out there for you somewhere.

Took me four tries and two different classes to find mine, but it was life changing when I did. The same seems to be the case for kris, and the countless others that find something that hits the spot

Don't settle if you're I satisfied, it should be pretty easy to switch given you have some SSRI tolerance now.
    Much like the others on the forum, i am scared to try something new... Blah blah blah...
    Ive heard good and bad about Zoloft and its side effects and it being really hard to come off of..
    My Dr did say that Zoloft has been approved for Pregnant women.. So it can't be that bad, right?
    EMan also said something about Lexapro.. But then someone said on here that they gained 70lbs from Lex!!!
    Well with my background or severe anorexia scared the shit outta me!
    Industrial meds in and of themselves scare me as i try to live a completely organic and natural lifestyle... Ugh
    Thanks Mr Jesse D...
    I think ive got an appt. on Tuesday.. I'll ask about the Zoloft...

Quote Originally Posted by Terre Nova View Post
    Much like the others on the forum, i am scared to try something new... Blah blah blah...
    Ive heard good and bad about Zoloft and its side effects and it being really hard to come off of..
    My Dr did say that Zoloft has been approved for Pregnant women.. So it can't be that bad, right?
    EMan also said something about Lexapro.. But then someone said on here that they gained 70lbs from Lex!!!
    Well with my background or severe anorexia scared the shit outta me!
    Industrial meds in and of themselves scare me as i try to live a completely organic and natural lifestyle... Ugh
    Thanks Mr Jesse D...
    I think ive got an appt. on Tuesday.. I'll ask about the Zoloft...
    I was terrified to switch too, but I just decided that I was going to do it and I did. It has been a little rough, but hopefully it will get better as the weeks go on. I am going on week 3 Tuesday. I also see my pdoc Tuesday so I will be thinking of you as well!

Lexapro was great for me when I first started it 3 years ago, but it pooped out at the end of the year last year and I had horrible anxiety. I was on Zoloft before Lexapro and it was fine too. I am now trying Luvox.

Quote Originally Posted by kris123 View Post
    I also had anxiety about the thought of changing my meds. I knew for a while that the celexa wasn't doing the trick for me but my anxiety prevented my from asking my doc to change because I was afraid of side effects and stuff. Despite the very minor spike in anxiety the first few days (which was due to the fear of potential side effects...which never even happened) it was the best decision I made. I feel 90% better. I'm not quite there but almost!
    In my opinion, I think your delaying the inevitable. I think you gave celexa a fair shot and it's clearly not doing it for you.
    It's time to get your life back. Good luck! Keep me posted
    Thanks hun! And i agree with you on that!
    It is the inevitable... And i'm acting like a chicken shit.. Sometimes i just wish i didn't have to be strong and throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming till someone fixes it for me! Lmfao
    I will keep you posted and thanks for the advice! <3

Quote Originally Posted by anxietycat View Post

I was terrified to switch too, but I just decided that I was going to do it and I did. It has been a little rough, but hopefully it will get better as the weeks go on. I am going on week 3 Tuesday. I also see my pdoc Tuesday so I will be thinking of you as well!

Lexapro was great for me when I first started it 3 years ago, but it pooped out at the end of the year last year and I had horrible anxiety. I was on Zoloft before Lexapro and it was fine too. I am now trying Luvox.
    Thanks anxietycat
    I'm gonna give it a shot! Nothing to lose i guess, right? Other than my sanity of course! Haha

Terre Nova you are not alone with that fear. I was terrified when my doc tried a few of meds on me, she is very careful and she started me on a very tiny doses, but it took about 6 tries to find the right one. Yes I gained another stone, but I have panic attack twice in the last 6 months... It is worth it.
    Doc wants to cooperate with you, mine GP B**** never asks me what I want, and she gets so offended that I dare to know what is I expect from the meds.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Escitalopram 10 mg, one a day works fine!