Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Physical symptoms..

Hey guys, I've been having very uncomfortable physical symptoms of anxiety lately and I was wondering if anyone knows of any supplements or ways to get rid of these feelings..

Just when I felt my anxiety was getting so much better (controlled my intrusive thoughts, calmed my general anxiety levels) I started feeling very dizzy, a tiny bit nauseous and I'm getting a lot of hot flashes. I haven't really had many physical symptoms of the anxiety thus far, sometimes I'll break a sweat when I'm having a mild attack but I know how to keep it somewhat under control, or at least get out of it.

Also, could these physical symptoms possibly be a result of mixing to many supplements?
    I'm currently taking Amino Acids(L-Theanine),Veeva stress relief,Progressiv(2-3 times a day), Omega fish oils, Vitamin D3 and the occasional St Johns Wort because I feel it calms me down when I can't calm myself down (could be placebo cause I heard it takes 2-4 weeks to be fully effective but IDK).

I should also mention that I smoke cigarettes, I was feeling better when I cut down to 3-4 a day but then I went back to half a pack because for a couple of days I felt as if the cigarettes were helping me stay calm all day because I was smoking more, and felt very relaxed for a couple days, but I guess it just messed me up again.

You might want to talk to a doctor about the supplements that you are taking and any side effects that they might have. Perhaps they might have something to do with the physical symptoms you are feeling. Perhaps cutting back on the smoking could be giving you withdrawal symptoms? I dont smoke, so im not sure exactly what type of withdrawal symptoms it could cause, but perhaps that could be a contributing factor as well? Or it could simply be that perhaps it IS just anxiety. Over the late fall last year, my anxiety rose considerably and symptoms that I hadn't felt in a while emerged. I had to readjust my "anxiety treatment plan" to include more than just meditation and healthy eating habits.

In any sense,