Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

money stopped, no help, useless doctors?? help!!!

Hey I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice as I'm desperate!
    For a year now ive had problems leaving the home and it has gradually got worse.
    I have had talking therapies over the phone that came to a stand still when it came to travelling for
    further 1 to 1 sessions in person. My problem is I was on income support as I have a
    young child and because I couldn't attend my appointments they suggested I should be on
    employment support allowance as my problem would stop me from working anyway. So I applied
    for this and it has been granted but I need a medical certificate/letter. So I rang my doctors, ive rang 1 doctor before who
    said she'd come out but had terminally ill patients to see so id have to wait and she'd get back to me and never
    did. So anxietyUK and mind ive been enquiring with since. So when I rang about this medical certificate all my
    doctor was saying is unless you come in I can't do anything, which I explained how I have a panic attack and turn round
    at the end of my street (because my panic attacks were triggered in a hospital its the worse thing that triggers them)
    and how I struggle to walk further than 10mins from the home sometimes not even that. & all he replied was "well you'll
    have to get on with it", spoke to another doctor who said "we don't come out for things like that" yet one doctor (above) from the same
    surgery offered too and never did. So feels like they all talking rubbish to me. so now I'm getting no money either. which obviously isn't ideal when I have a young child to look after.
    So I'm stuck in a rut, I have no idea when I'll be ready to go there or get there and im worrying i'll have no money by then.
    Anyone had this problem before????
    Last edited by AnxietyAmbz; 02-13-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Also spent the day emailing lots of anxiety websites, counselling, therapies anything I can find, but posted here hoping someone may have experienced the same who cant attend doctors.

Oh you poor thing,I would keep on asking for someone to come
    Out to you Hun or maybe her in touch with the anxitey people to help you as you need food etc as you have a little one to look after,do you have any family/friends around who help you? How old is your child?
    Emma

My son is 2 he starts nursery in September luckily its end of road so should hopefully not be a problem when the time comes but its another reason im so annoyed at my doctors unwilling to help me its always been my jobcentre whos reccomeded books/groups not them. I moved back home with my parents when the panic attacks started as they totally freaked me out so living with them, but my dads recently lost his job so I moved back also to help my mam as shes paying all the bills at the moment and moneys tight for her. I get child benefit/taxcredits so I can afford food etc. But doesn't leave much left over after a weekly shop to buy clothes and other things he needs and paying my share of the bills isn't an option at the moment. thank you for you reply too.
    Amber x
    Last edited by AnxietyAmbz; 02-13-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyAmbz View Post
    My son is 2 he starts nursery in September luckily its end of road so should hopefully not be a problem when the time comes but its another reason im so annoyed at my doctors unwilling to help me its always been my jobcentre whos reccomeded books/groups not them. I moved back home with my parents when the panic attacks started so living with them, but my dads recently lost his job so I moved back also to help my mam as shes paying all the bills at the moment and moneys tight for her. I get child benefit/taxcredits so I can afford food etc. But doesn't leave much left over after a weekly shop to buy clothes and pay my share of the bills isn't an option at the moment. thank you for you reply too. Amber x
    Keep on at them Hun my sister has had all
    This be4 when they have sodded up her money etc,she has two children to,it's shocking that they can't do anything about it,if ever you need to chat inbox me or we have started a Facebook page where lots of us have added each other

Aw can you send me a link to the facebook page hun
    Aww I am even my familys getting annoyed at how useless my doctors are been, surely they cant just expect to leave people with these problems with no money or no help. Either write a letter complaining or switch doctors I think just annoying i'll be receiving no help until its sorted. its not like I'm making it up either they have on records were ive been badgering them and working with groups x

Aw can you send me a link to the facebook page hun Aww I am even my familys getting annoyed at how useless my doctors are been, surely they cant just expect to leave people with these problems with no money or no help. Either write a letter complaining or switch doctors I think just annoying i'll be receiving no help until its sorted. its not like I'm making it up either they have on records were ive been badgering them and working with groups x
    If you just put in Facebook in the search space it will come up Hun it's got like 200 And something convos lol
    Tho I'm Emma fitzjohn on Facebook

I shall have a proper look later when I get the little one to sleep thanks for listening emma x

I shall have a proper look later when I get the little one to sleep thanks for listening emma x
    Oh anytime Hun that's what we are All here for

Cool

Hey I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice as I'm desperate!
    For a year now ive had problems leaving the home and it has gradually got worse.
    I have had talking therapies over the phone that came to a stand still when it came to travelling for
    further 1 to 1 sessions in person. My problem is I was on income support as I have a
    young child and because I couldn't attend my appointments they suggested I should be on
    employment support allowance as my problem would stop me from working anyway. So I applied
    for this and it has been granted but I need a medical certificate/letter. So I rang my doctors, ive rang 1 doctor before who
    said she'd come out but had terminally ill patients to see so id have to wait and she'd get back to me and never
    did. So anxietyUK and mind ive been enquiring with since. So when I rang about this medical certificate all my
    doctor was saying is unless you come in I can't do anything, which I explained how I have a panic attack and turn round
    at the end of my street (because my panic attacks were triggered in a hospital its the worse thing that triggers them)
    and how I struggle to walk further than 10mins from the home sometimes not even that. & all he replied was "well you'll
    have to get on with it", spoke to another doctor who said "we don't come out for things like that" yet one doctor (above) from the same
    surgery offered too and never did. So feels like they all talking rubbish to me. so now I'm getting no money either. which obviously isn't ideal when I have a young child to look after.
    So I'm stuck in a rut, I have no idea when I'll be ready to go there or get there and im worrying i'll have no money by then.
    Anyone had this problem before????
    My Former Doctor would not sign me of work for 2 years. You can get the GP to come out to but you have to be persistent they cannot refuse you if its so bad that you confined to your home then then you cannot very well go to see them can you. This was my experience. So The best piece of advice I give you is get a doctor you like make this your highest priority you must persevere until you get this and it may be quite a fight but then the rest of the job is quite a lot easier. Trust me I did it the hard way. Hope this is useful. If you have any other benefit related questions I do have a bit of knowledge so message me if you like but I warn you now for me when I was in this situation It was a fight pure and simple but I won.