Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoloft.

Zoloft.

It's been a while since I've written on this forum. I just wanted to update you all on my progress.
    I have been taking celexa for more than 8 weeks now and though I see improvements with my overall anxiety I am nowhere near where I thought I'd be by now.
    I feel like I've went from anxiety to depression. I'm not sleeping well, I have no appetite, I find no joy in anything anymore, I isolate myself from my loved ones, and only leave my house when absolutely necessary, etc.
    I saw my GP today and we discussed all my current symptoms, and decided it's time for a change. Although I'm apprehensive about it, I feel like it's probably a good decision.
    I will begin Zoloft 25 mg tomorrow morning. My GP, as well as a pharmacist, said I can just stop one and begin another without tapering the first one. Has anyone had any issues with withdrawal when doing this? They both assured me that because they are both SSRI's that I shouldn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Also, the pharmacist said that because I've been on the celexa and it's already in my system that I shouldn't have too many side effects from the Zoloft. And apparently, Zoloft has less side effects than celexa.
    Anyway, if anyone out there has any advise to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ya there I've not been on one and changed to another so I can't offer you any advice for that tho I will say I have been on Zoloft (setraline 50mg) for 9
    Months now and it's been so good for me please feel free to message me if you need to chat about it

Quote Originally Posted by em1 View Post
    Hi ya there I've not been on one and changed to another so I can't offer you any advice for that tho I will say I have been on Zoloft (setraline 50mg) for 9 Months now and it's been so good for me please feel free to message me if you need to chat about it
    thanks. I will.

How's Day 1 of Zoloft kris?

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    How's Day 1 of Zoloft kris?
    I'll start by saying that I didn't sleep well last night...so I'm super tired today. I took the Zoloft almost 4 hours ago and right now I just want to sleep. I think it's too early to tell yet. But, so far so good.

Good news for your first day

Quote Originally Posted by em1 View Post
    Good news for your first day
    is it? Lol. I'm not sure how I feel, I am having slight anxiety at times...but I think I'm just worrying about the possibility of side effects. I'm so tired but I'm trying to fight it. Hopefully I'll get a jolt of energy and avoid napping so that I can hopefully sleep better tonight. I've been saying that for 8 weeks now...haha.
    I can't say for sure if I'm tired because of the Zoloft or if it's because I didn't sleep good last night. It's probably a bit of both.
    Is Zoloft known to cause drowsiness?
    Also, I find that I'm a little irritable today. Again, that might just be due to being tired.

Zoloft is a pretty activating drug in theory, way more so than celexa. If I wanted an SSRI for energy it'd be that or Prozac

Is it still cold in NFL? 5 minutes outside in a vest might wake you up lol

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Zoloft is a pretty activating drug in theory, way more so than celexa. If I wanted an SSRI for energy it'd be that or Prozac Is it still cold in NFL? 5 minutes outside in a vest might wake you up lol
    do you think it's going to effect my sleep more than celexa?
    Yeah, it is cold here...lots of snow coming down.

Quote Originally Posted by kris123 View Post
    is it? Lol. I'm not sure how I feel, I am having slight anxiety at times...but I think I'm just worrying about the possibility of side effects. I'm so tired but I'm trying to fight it. Hopefully I'll get a jolt of energy and avoid napping so that I can hopefully sleep better tonight. I've been saying that for 8 weeks now...haha. I can't say for sure if I'm tired because of the Zoloft or if it's because I didn't sleep good last night. It's probably a bit of both. Is Zoloft known to cause drowsiness? Also, I find that I'm a little irritable today. Again, that might just be due to being tired.
    If maybe a bit of both to start with,but don't forget it's going to take a while to get into full swing,lack of sleep can make you more anxious I know it does me,how are you feeling today?