Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Once it starts you cant stop it.

Hi i'm David, I'm happy to have discovered this forum. Last friday i had another panic attack and was pretty sure i was about to die. Also felt there was something I absolutely had to do right then but had no idea what it was. I thought that even my soul was in jeopardy and even believing in God and Christ wasnt enough to get out of jeopardy. I dont like these attacks. But i guess it's some comfort knowing that there are many others with similar experiences.

Hello! Welcome to this forum.

You are alive and this is what it matters.

It's good to be still alive. Although when I'm in an attack it feels like the only thing that can stop the attack is death. Sometimes I feel that I might get stuck in an unending panic attack- which would be the closest thing to hell I've ever experienced.

You won't get stuck in a life of panic. I understand the idea is scary, but it won't happen. Keep going. What meds, supplements, exercises, relaxation are you doing now?

Peace Bro
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

Not taking anything at the moment, my wife gave me a Xanax of hers when I had my last panic attack, I am not good at taking meds on a routine. All of my siblings are dealing with panic disorder also so I have to attribute the panic attacks to the alcoholism and violent abuse and neglect from our childhood. A couple of them are taking Paxil and I have some Prozac from an old prescription for depression, they say I have PTSD from my childhood. I may see if I can get it refilled, but I don't know whether it is indicated for panic disorder.

you will not die from a panic attack it is a normal adrenaline rush that pumps you up. it happens when your mind tells you that you in danger when you are not. the same feeling would happen if you came real close to a car wreck or a roller coaster. we are more sensitive to every little thing that happens and we begin to turn that into fear with out realizing it. you have to retrain your mind or trick your self into believing that a simple task is not dangerous. the more you practice this the easier it will be to control.
    country boy will survive

Everyone of us was there or is there, panic attacks are awful but they do not cause the death.....) You actually can bit it
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hi everyone,I'm Lilly.Im new to this forum & so glad to have found it.Ive been struggling with depression & anxiety.I don't feel like myself at all.

Hey Lilly, you're in the right place for real support, I'm new also but it appears that there are many people going through the same thing as we do, read all the posts you can and you'll find lots of information. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by David Michael View Post
    Hey Lilly, you're in the right place for real support, I'm new also but it appears that there are many people going through the same thing as we do, read all the posts you can and you'll find lots of information. Enjoy.
    . Thank you,David Michael.It really helps to know there are people who understand and don't just think I'm crazy,lol.