Dr. said to me a few months back that he thinks my celexa is crapping out on me, been on it for 2.5 yrs. I was on 40 he upped it to 60 then 80. Saw him this week and i think he wanted to up it again " so what do you want to do with the celexa" which in the past has meant let's up it. I did not want to do that again and I am getting so tired of going every month since he's been monitoring me every month since I've been having so many panic attacks ( 5-ish a day. Always when i'm at school ) So I told him I really wanted to wait this out and see if just facing them ( as it is the beginning of the semester which is usually the worst ) and using tools from therapy will result in fewer of them. He agreed to go 2 months, gave me an rx for my emergency meds but said we have a deal that if I feel overwhelmed I will call and make an appt w/him asap. I was only in school for one week when my college was closed all week but today, sending my anxiety soaring which didn't help. I thought once I got back to my routine I would be ok. I went today and it was aweful because I am so bad at knowing when I need that klonopin wafer to help or if I can get through it. I don't want to take one every.single.time because this is to just make it manageable so I can get myself through the days to train myself how to better handle them....this is longer than I thought lol..

Anyway, my question is:
For those of you who take drugs PRN for their anxiety attacks, how can you tell when you really need one? I tend to wait too long to decide and by then its over, then another one comes and I do the same thing and then I am done for the day I am so exhausted and in a bad mood. This is both my psychiatrist and therapist's concern, that I exhaust myself because I think I can handle it. Whats the threshold that tells you "I can't handle this one on my own, time to take one" ?