Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I 've never really tried a forum like this, but it's worth a shot

Hey everyone...I'm Myles. I guess most people on here can relate to what i'm going through which provides some comfort in posting something so personal online. I simply don't know what to do at this point. I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder. Great combination right? Oh and to top it all off I also suffer from ADHD. Clearly I got the psychological problems passed down in the family. It seems nothing I can do helps. The ADHD meds (30mg of Adderall) I have to take three times a day and one of the biggest side effects is...wait for it....anxiety. So while taking that I also have to take a Xanex (.5mg) I am convinced the xanex isn't strong enough to combat the adderall, but i'm afraid to ask for a stronger dose because of the increased side effects. I guess everything about it scares me. It's ruining my relationship and my boyfriend doesn't know how to handle it. He's the type who freaks out when the attacks happen instead of providing a calm environment. Often he will ignore my calls or texts for help while having a major attack and I don't know what to do. I don't think he is a bad person, but controlled by doubt and fear about my situation. Anyways...I don't know if anybody would have any suggestions? Or maybe they are going through something similar. Any advice or someone to talk to would be comforting.

Hey there,....
    I'm Chris and I suffer from ADD/ADHD, GAD, SAD, Panic, IED, and I am partly psychotic and must be medicated for that too. I can NOT take Adderall...it gives me extreme anxiety. I must take 60mg of Ritalin every day instead. It isn't the "same" type of medication. It is calming to me. I also have to take Xanax 1mg XR everyday too. And a Beta-Blocker to keep my heart rate slow and steady an to minimize the effects of panic attacks. I can relate...but I'm a 46 yr old man. I've had this my entire life and that isn't all I have or all the meds I take either just to deal with what you're dealing with.

Suggestions? Ask for a beta blocker too. And, ask to switch you from Adderall to Ritalin, and ask for more Xanax too..

Been there done that Myles!

E-Man...
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll have to check out a possible medicinal change. Thanks for the advice! Really it's nice to hear that I'm not alone. That's one of the crappy feelings from these disorders is you simply feel so alone and that nobody else gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myles Jeffries View Post
    I'll have to check out a possible medicinal change. Thanks for the advice! Really it's nice to hear that I'm not alone. That's one of the crappy feelings from these disorders is you simply feel so alone and that nobody else gets it.
    Until I joined a couple of weeks ago, I thought I was alone too which fuelled the panic and anxiety. It's a great community here with like minded individuals who can relate to what you're going through.
    Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6:27

So far I love it! (: it really is so so helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Enduronman View Post
    Hey there,....
    I'm Chris and I suffer from ADD/ADHD, GAD, SAD, Panic, IED, and I am partly psychotic and must be medicated for that too. I can NOT take Adderall...it gives me extreme anxiety. I must take 60mg of Ritalin every day instead. It isn't the "same" type of medication. It is calming to me. I also have to take Xanax 1mg XR everyday too. And a Beta-Blocker to keep my heart rate slow and steady an to minimize the effects of panic attacks. I can relate...but I'm a 46 yr old man. I've had this my entire life and that isn't all I have or all the meds I take either just to deal with what you're dealing with.

Suggestions? Ask for a beta blocker too. And, ask to switch you from Adderall to Ritalin, and ask for more Xanax too..

Been there done that Myles!

E-Man...
    Chris.. E-Man? Chris is your name? Thought it was Chip?

LOL!!!..

Christopher Sean Eads is my "real" name...My childhood nickname was Chip but I hatttteeeeddddd it so I dropped it around age 28 er so.

E-Man...
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Enduronman View Post
    LOL!!!..

Christopher Sean Eads is my "real" name...My childhood nickname was Chip but I hatttteeeeddddd it so I dropped it around age 28 er so.

E-Man...
    Gotcha! Lmao!