Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Depression day!! :((

UGHH. I haven't been sleeping good and I feel like sh*t. I hate this damn feeling. I feel sad and like everything is hopeless. I feel like it's not worth living anymore. This with the derealization/depersonalization feeling = SH*T!!

Anything I can do to get this feeling to go away?? I'm trying to be positive, but I just can't

Hi when I feel really bad I go for a really long walk, take some music and try to find pleasure in the simple things. Like trees, birds, clouds etc lots of fresh air and excercise make me feel better.

Hope you feel a bit better soon.
    Cully

Thank you! That sounds like a good idea, it's just that it's so cold in Sweden right now. You can barely go out. Snow all over the place :/

I used to have a girlfriend from Sweden Karlstad then she moved to jonkoping, sadly I never got to visit her there. Oh snow have you got any snow shoes?.

Quote Originally Posted by AliasEQ View Post
    Thank you! That sounds like a good idea, it's just that it's so cold in Sweden right now. You can barely go out. Snow all over the place :/
    Yea that doesn't help huh. You should try to do something thAt will get your mind off all this junk you are going through.. I know how that feels.. Hang in there.. If you need to chat with someone , I'm a messege away

I can agree with Cullingford, some good relaxing music is always a good way to calm down! Maybe spending some time with loved ones can help as well… are you having any therapy?? Hope you feel better!!
    A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.

Cullingford: Yes, I do have snow shoes. It's just that it's cold and dark, not a really positive environment.

Leetbulldog: Thank you!

Ashlee: Theraphy didn't go well for me. My therapist only made it worse, telling me that I'd never get rid of this. Apparently that's the consequences of doing drugs :S
    Last edited by AliasEQ; 02-06-2014 at 02:18 PM.

If therapy didn't work for you, then perhaps you could try a different therapist, or a different kind of therapy? Have you considered/tried medication before? It's not for everyone, but for some it really does work.

Like others have been saying though, one of the best things you can do immediately is to try and do nice things for yourself, even if you don't feel like it. If it's cold, wrap up warm and take some photographs of the snow. Maybe build a snowman (that song from Frozen is stuck in my head now XD) or something stupid but cute like that. Even if you don't feel like it, invite some friends over for a snowball fight or to watch a movie. Maybe something cathartic that will make you cry so you can let things out?

Tea and hot chocolate also cheer me up immensely. Try them! The worst that can happen is that you'll still feel depressed but you will be warmer and will have had a delicious beverage.

Bubble baths and self-pampering can also be good, as they are comfortable, relaxing + can make you feel better about yourself.

As for depersonalisation/derealisation, I've never had a major problem with it before - I find it to be quite interesting sometimes, a distraction from reality, wondering whether I really do exist and if I could just disappear right now - but I've heard from people who DO have problems with it, that feeling the "solidity" of the objects around you, and maybe walking more heavily, can be quite grounding? I don't know if it will work for you, but it might do. Maybe try it.

I hope these are of some good to you x

Your therapist had no idea what they were talking about.. I know a lot of people who have had drug problems and anxiety issues that followed and they are doing so well!! Have you ever heard of a place called the Priory??
    A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.