Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anxiety worse in the winter

Idk why but my anxiety is worse in the winter then it is in the summer.!!!! I always stay congested which in turn makes me feel foggy, lightheaded and sometimes dizzy.. I used to enjoy winter. Not anymore !!

I hate the winter makes me depressed! Because sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D I think! Bring back the sun!

When I open my blinds and see it's a dark and gloomy day, forget it! I'm already having a bad day.
    And because the sun goes down so early, that's when I get bad too. Does that happen to anyone else? I get worse at night.

Same it's like 4am here (uk) can't sleep and know tommorow is just going to be another glum day hate the winter so much

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Same it's like 4am here (uk) can't sleep and know tommorow is just going to be another glum day hate the winter so much
    Oh you're UK Matty! Same here, keep putting my head down to try and sleep, not happening so just pick up the ipad again and browse lol

I hate the winter because I'm always sick!!! I have sinus problems and it only makes it worse on me. I don't mind gloomy for some weird reason. But I don't like the fact I stay with a stuffy nose and foggy head. Damn groundhog saw his shadow .. boooooooo... go back in your hole.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Oh you're UK Matty! Same here, keep putting my head down to try and sleep, not happening so just pick up the ipad again and browse lol
    You're not selling anything tomorrow!

People in the UK need like 1 hour of sleep per day

You bitches are hardcore

Hardcore and drinks tea daily

Now that is bad ass

In the US, we sleep late and ask Obama for a handout
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Winter is miserable! Here in Canada even spending 5 minutes outside is painful its so cold, so you spend literally ALL day stuck in doors. Iloveyu I'm not sure whereabouts you are but if its cold and you have the heating cranked that doesnt help sinuses at all! It dries out the air and makes all sinus problems worse. Have you tried buying a humidifier? Not only do they relieve some of this but I find the noise they make quite soothing
    But yeah, Spring needs to get here ASAP and give all us anxious people a break!

I'm in Texas and it's humid as he'll but we have to keep the heater on and it's dry and wake up with nasty sinus infection. Ugh. Just miserable

Banned
    It can be due to all the dryness, and sinus issues (that actually can bother your digestion too) which in turn can make the an anxiety you've got even worse in my opinion. as much as I love winter I feel more moist and hydrated in summer, try baths, and hang out in well lit rooms to make you feel a bit better.