Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Feeling like it's not me anymore :((

I'm feeling like I'm not myself anymore. It's like it's not my life that I used to live. As if I was thrown into another dimension and living a completly different life. Everything is feeling like a horrible nightmare that I can't wake up from. I just turned 19 and I asked myself:"will it be like this forever?" Because honestly I wouldn't be able to live like this for another 30-40 years. I'm getting suicidal thoughts and the only reason I'm not taking suicide is my family and my religion. Now, I've been having anxiety for 2 months and I'm asking you "pro's" out there, that has lived with this for years: Will this feeling ever go away? Did you get used to it?

Help is really appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by AliasEQ View Post
    I'm feeling like I'm not myself anymore. It's like it's not my life that I used to live. As if I was thrown into another dimension and living a completly different life. Everything is feeling like a horrible nightmare that I can't wake up from. I just turned 19 and I asked myself:"will it be like this forever?" Because honestly I wouldn't be able to live like this for another 30-40 years. I'm getting suicidal thoughts and the only reason I'm not taking suicide is my family and my religion. Now, I've been having anxiety for 2 months and I'm asking you "pro's" out there, that has lived with this for years: Will this feeling ever go away? Did you get used to it?

If you "get used to it", that means you hava accepted that this is how you feel

At 19 , this sucks for you

It really does stop

I started with it at 20 and took me 15 years to get through it

Difference is that there are so many resources now, I am sure it would have been much less time'

Don't get defeated, Alias. It dies go away

it just doesnt feel like it now and I felt the same way

This will not consume you unless you decide to let it

Stay with us, find your best methods to keep calm and you will start to see the results

Patience. Hard to have but necessary
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Quote Originally Posted by AliasEQ View Post

I am sorry you feel that way, but.... I was there, yes I was 19 too and it was so long ago you do not want to know. I am in the point of being 30 or more years after, and still here still kicking, and sometimes, lately more than usually enjoy my life.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore