Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    The video is way too long for me to watch right now, I skipped some towards the end, and he's talking about demons and warding them off?? hmm... I don't know what to make of this guy, he's super into paranormal? very religious? I have no problem with spiritual people, or those who believe in god, but I have to say, I have never felt that anxiety is "demons in your head or body".. It is simply doubt in your head, and that's all it is.. again, I whole heartedly say anxiety is there to help us, though it sucks, and it's horrible dealing with.. While the symptoms need to be controlled, you are not being "possessed by demons" and that is NOT the cause of your anxiety..well, unless you live in a haunted house with angry spirits or something.. *scratches head*

Quote Originally Posted by Applecherry View Post
    I haven't seen all of it. Eh, I agree with some things he says, a lot of the things he says are great and very true, but "learn to love your attacks"? uh..bullshit, sorry, but panic attacks are the body's alarm system... the purpose of them is not to be enjoyed..it's to make you aware and alert of danger, if they were not UNPLEASANT, they would not be doing their jobs.. that's not to say, you should fear them, educating yourself about them is good, realizing they won't hurt you is good.. but you're never gonna love them..

Say your car breaks down, you're stuck out in a dark alley you've gotta walk through to get a phone, the feelings of anxiety come on, and you're "loving the feeling?" No, you're not, it feels awful as you're in a place you've never been before, there could be potential muggers, or rapists afoot, you just wanna get home, but you're not sure how you're gonna get home, and that uncomfortable feeling will only be relieved til you know you're safe, and home again, that's how anxiety works.
    Well, I myself have learned that you can see everything from different perspectives. You can either see it from a "positive" point of view or a "negative" point of view. What causes panic attacks? Fear. If you're afraid of a panic attack, you will eventually ending up having one. If you don't fear them, it'll most likely not happen. If you WANT them to happen, will they happen at all? I mean, try it. Get a panic attack now. See, it's almost impossible to have it, when you WANT to have it. I myself don't agree with everything he says. But his video did helped me alot, he has alot of good information that everyone with panic attacks should know.

The situation won't be better if you hate it. Therefore, learn to love it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Applecherry View Post
    The video is way too long for me to watch right now, I skipped some towards the end, and he's talking about demons and warding them off?? hmm... I don't know what to make of this guy, he's super into paranormal? very religious? I have no problem with spiritual people, or those who believe in god, but I have to say, I have never felt that anxiety is "demons in your head or body".. It is simply doubt in your head, and that's all it is.. again, I whole heartedly say anxiety is there to help us, though it sucks, and it's horrible dealing with.. While the symptoms need to be controlled, you are not being "possessed by demons" and that is NOT the cause of your anxiety..well, unless you live in a haunted house with angry spirits or something.. *scratches head*
    Yeah. You don't have to pick up everything he says. I don't agree with him @ that last part either.

Banned
    True, if you don't fear them, they don't have effect over you.. but here's the thing, when I'm in my less anxious periods, I almost laugh at the attacks I had that got me all upset, cause they have no effect on me when I'm feeling better (which is great)..but when I'm anxious again, those same attacks, will feel just as scary as before, even though I know they are stupid, they still feel upsetting.. the only good part of that is, I know it's kind of a cycle and there will be ups and downs..but it still never goes away completey..unfortunately, anxiety never will go away completely. It may lesson over time when you start to feel better about life/ or whatever.. but if you're under a load of stress, it hangs around..

Quote Originally Posted by AliasEQ View Post
    I've never felt so good. I had panic attacks for 2 months and now I can finally control them. How?? I watched some video on youtube, you should check it out. I give all the credit to him. Here it is: (just put "www" in front of the link)

.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw9eXsNt7Po

I'm not a spammer and this is completly free. I just want to help others and get this information through

ENJOY your panic attacks while you still can. Love them, love the feeling, love the symptoms!!
    Integrative approach it sounds like. Thank you for sharing. Peace
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

I do not get it, he is in sun glasses and trying to convince people that lord and Abraham have it under control) I am allergic to the first word obviously. He is just summing up what he learned on internet.
    nothing exceptional, but nice face and manners..... Good teeth, ))

it must be the leftover from my career as a dental technician
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    I do not get it, he is in sun glasses and trying to convince people that lord and Abraham have it under control) I am allergic to the first word obviously. He is just summing up what he learned on internet. nothing exceptional, but nice face and manners..... Good teeth, )) it must be the leftover from my career as a dental technician
    Why doesn't it surprise me that you say "good teeth?"
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

I said what you were thinking..... he shows them a lot, a lot

Quote Originally Posted by forwells
    Hmm If i closed my eyes , took the swearing out of it and i would swear i was watching a Scientology video .
    good point, tomorrow I am going to listen it again. I could not finish it up today, after the lord and Abraham.....))
    Last edited by Dahila; 01-28-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    I said what you were thinking..... he shows them a lot, a lot
    White teeth and fresh breath are a priority in my life so I can feel where he is comin from
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Banned
    "But if there is one thing i will never understand it is why one person thinks that their problem is just the same as every ones else . If it was that bloody simply then there would be one cure."

When it comes to anxiety, the symptoms are kind of the same for each sufferer, though caused by different things. and the levels of how bad it is from person to person very of course. but treatment really comes down to focusing on finding ways to relax, understand the cause of the anxiety, and how it works, why it's there.. and making it a goal to change the way you handle it, and not let it get in the way of your life. Anxiety and depression go hand and hand, so really, the best medicine for both, is slowly working on changing the situations that are causing you to feel the depression and anxiety you feel.

Obviously one person's method for handing attacks isn't gonna work for everybody, personally, I have never found breathing exercises to work one bit for me, I prefer exercise and just moving.. but anyway, video or sharing their stories of how they are coping is a good thing to be shared, so other people with anxiety can learn tips. I mean, I wouldn't even have half the understanding I have of anxiety now, if it weren't for some great advice I've gotten through a lot of help from other people over the years.