Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would look into Lyme disease with a llmd who follows ilads guidelines bc your PCP may not take you seriously or know how to diagnose it bc they follow cdc guidelines. You don't always get a rash or know you were bitten. I had bug bites but no bullseye rash. Your symptoms sound a lot like Lyme to me ... It might not be it could just be bad anxiety but it would be worth looking into. The girl above is right pork contains retro viruses which are not good esp if you have any condition that compromises your immune system. Btw Lyme is caused by a bacteria ... But there are coinfections that are like parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by Lm22 View Post
    I would look into Lyme disease with a llmd who follows ilads guidelines bc your PCP may not take you seriously or know how to diagnose it bc they follow cdc guidelines. You don't always get a rash or know you were bitten. I had bug bites but no bullseye rash. Your symptoms sound a lot like Lyme to me ... It might not be it could just be bad anxiety but it would be worth looking into. The girl above is right pork contains retro viruses which are not good esp if you have any condition that compromises your immune system. Btw Lyme is caused by a bacteria ... But there are coinfections that are like parasites.
    I have acutally started seeing a different Neurologist now. He is more holistic into his approaches and has also suggested I get tested for Lyme Disease. He said the same thing, that a lot of my symptoms sound like Lyme. And that the abnormality on my brain does not look like Cortical Dysplasia. So I am going down a completely different path now with this DR compared to what the Medical Neurologist had me doing (which was just upping my meds and putting me on even more meds). I am not sure how long after someone is bitten or infected with the disease that they would show symptoms but it's crazy because exactly a week and a half after coming home from a trip to my family cabin I started to have most of these symptoms. But I have camped and ventured throughout the woods my whole life so who knows. As soon as my new insurance go throughs, my first stop is blood work for the Lyme Disease. Also, my new DR recommended a gluten free diet trial to see if that helped any because my thyroid hormone is on the low end and wow what a difference! My entire body is slowly starting to feel better each day. Anyway, thanks for the reply!