Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work from home?

Work from home?

I have severe panic disorder and depression and I am in desperate need of a work from home job that requires no experience. Everything I have found is a scam! HELP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaO View Post
    I have severe panic disorder and depression and I am in desperate need of a work from home job that requires no experience. Everything I have found is a scam! HELP
    All I can think and am doing is ebay (I have someone to post the Items) and youtube. , If its something to do you are after youtube is worth a go, if its money I'm at a loss. Hope this helpful, but I know it probably isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by James Spiers View Post
    You could try blogging.

It's difficult and takes time to earn a reasonable income from it. But it's free to do and may focus your mind.

blogger and Wordpress are pretty popular and if you type "how to make money blogging" in your search engine there a plenty of tips.

It's not going to buy you a Porsche overnight, but some people make a good living from it.

Good luck.
    Do you do blogging then?

you could start making natural soaps and sell it over the internet, it is easy to open the business like that.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Cool

Sorry Lord J, I've literally only just seen this.

No I don't, I did have a go a few years back, just attempting to write about behaviour, mainly sections from Uni papers, I had like 7 followers and literally bored the rest to death ha ha.

I'm resided to the fact that my life is too boring to display to the world, and trying to express academic work just ain't that exciting to most people (other than geeks like myself), or they are already read up on it and don't give a monkeys. Ha ha

You should do one though! I bet folk would want to follow your story with the whole dialysis thing! Especially younger people who are facing similar challenges!

Regards

James
    Now hang on a minute any persons life is interesting if you look at it from the right angle. Just as most peoples lives are boring when you subject them to observation. If you wanna do blogging find the angle that is interesting or funny and make sure you can go on and on about it lol. Thats why I never tried it cos I reckon I'd do one good then I'd be spent lolololol. So I do youtube instead. See the thing is I come on here to share the lessons of it all, See if I can help anyone and maybe pick up a few fans. I think like my trials are mine if you get me. Cheers for the encouragement tho and remember this you can do anything you like if you want if bad enough and that may or may not involve it being successful but if its something you really enjoy then who cares
    Last edited by Lord Jazzinho; 01-30-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Cool

No seriously blogging is not for me.

I am pretty focused these days thankfully.

But I meant what I said about your story.

One of my clients has diabetes, and blogs about her treatment and experiences. Has a couple of thousand following.
    I'll be honest now m8 I'm bored of my story when your in the house for a long time, one day just bleeds into the next and I've forgotten so much of what happened and to be fair I like it that way. As for blogging about dialysis I do it at home and go to the hospital once a fortnight to have Iron, pretty boring really. Perhaps I don't look at it from the right angle but I've got my hands full with youtube. Cheers once again though

I too need a work from home job. I haven't had a job as long as i have been an adult.

I definitely have agoraphobia, and it is very disruptive to my life, but I know it could be much worse.

The trip I make to work is one of the hardest trips that I make most often. It is 20 to 25 minutes by car if there is no traffic, but it can be over an hour with bad rush hour traffic.

I worry all the time, and one of my major worries is, "what if I can't make it to work anymore? It is so hard already, what if it got a little harder? Would I go on disability?"

I feel your pain. If you find the perfect work-from-home solution, please let me know.

Good luck to us all.
    Male, age 29, full-time scientist in industry, New England, USA.
    Every day: 30 mg Lexapro (escitalopram), 1 mg Klonopin (clonazepam).
    Signature updated 2015-10-30.

I ran across this thread by accident and although it's old I figure someone else may run across it too. I too have had MASSIVE issues with work because of my anxiety and depression. I started looking for at home work and found REAL jobs. I was pretty surprised as a lot tend to be scams.

A lot of companies are hiring at home customer service/tech support representatives. These are legitimate jobs, hourly pay, some pretty decent. All will require a quiet office type setting, reliable fast internet, good computer, and a dedicated phone line. The ones I have worked for have a virtual training period (paid of course) before you start actually working. One I worked for was a month long training and 9-5 five days a week. They will vary. Some of the applications are long and time consuming but may be worth it. I recommend searching on large company career sites and typing in virtual, at home, etc in the search field. This typically provides results. I made a huge list of companies that have at home positions I will try to dig it up.

You can also search outsourcing company sites such as Sitel, Teletech, etc. They hire frequently, sometimes for full time, part time, and some seasonal work. TeleFlora also offers seasonal sales reps from at home.

I hope this points some of you in the right direction.

Check out idealist.org and Craiglist for telework gigs. You can also look at e-lance if you have a skill. I have worked from home for years and just started working at an office (really hard to keep the happy face on all the time) so I know how you all feel.