Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Meds for Tense Body

Hey all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for non-prescription drugs that help with tense muscles, etc? One of my main anxiety issues is that I tense my body a lot during periods of anxiety. But I'm looking for something that I can just buy over the counter, maybe take/apply before bed....Thanks!

Magnesium is a good place to begin. It's often know as the holistic muscle relaxer, and popular with anxiety users and on this forum. I myself quite like it's effects also.

thanks jessed, i did a bit of online research and I'm going to start with a 250 mg dose before bed.

I recommend the bath with a cup of Epson salt, which is pure magnesium. It helps to loose the muscles. You can get it in any store...

Yeah that's a good dose to start with. If it's ok, you can up it a bit too.

Some days, instead of taking the supplement, I like Dahilas idea of bathing in Epsom salts, I think that will be so helpful!

I would make a tea from lavender flower buds, they are not that expensive, and add to the bath. It would relax even the Kangaroo))
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore