Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I guess the Ativan sounds like it would work. I am not familiar with that medicine. Sounds good though. If you wanna try brainwave/subliminal/guided technology Brain Sync has lots of mp3's. I know I say this quite often but these have helped me immensely to relax far beyond my expectations. As far as wine with Ativan, probably best not to mix. Just another option. Headphones on the cell phone or laptop and you're set. And no I don't work for Brain Sync but I should be paid as much as I tell people about it. Peace and happy trails.
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

I don't love to fly and I think about it a bit prior to departure

Once in the air, I'm fine.

If something goes wrong at that point, you're fu$ked!! LOL
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    Georgia
    I live in GA too! I thought I was the i was the only southerner on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    Good Lord willing my family and I will be taking a vacation in February which requires flying. This will be my third flight. My husband has flown many times, our two children have never flown. They have the same tendencies as I when it comes to freaking out and panicking etc. My last flight (our honeymoon) I had severe anxiety , it started when I was walking down the narrow hallway to board the flight. Once on the plane, realizing I was boarded and unable to get off I started screaming and balling my eyes out, embarrassing huh?! My hubby tried to console me and everyone was looking at me like I was nuts. Once we took off I reached for my phone to call my dad cause I was so upset, my hubby informed me my phone wouldn't work so I started crying again, ridiculous and very embarrassed. How can I keep calm during this upcoming flight , if my children see me panicked they will absolutely come un glued. I want this to be a great trip , not one filled with panic and worry. Thanks in advance!!!
    Blessed! I agree with everyone who says to keep your mind busy. You can keep your headsets on the whole time now, so it may help to just close your eyes and listen to music. My anxiety was at its worst when I took my first flight 9 years ago. I had a small freak out when we pushed back, but I just started intently reading a magazine and it helped calm me down. I would def suggest have a drink (1) in the airport before your flight and take a pill. ( I took 3 Xanax by the time I got to my gate). I know we don't need to turn to alcohol, but in that case I would.
    And BTW, I have been a flight attendant for 8 years now AND I live in Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidPenny View Post
    Blessed! I agree with everyone who says to keep your mind busy. You can keep your headsets on the whole time now, so it may help to just close your eyes and listen to music. My anxiety was at its worst when I took my first flight 9 years ago. I had a small freak out when we pushed back, but I just started intently reading a magazine and it helped calm me down. I would def suggest have a drink (1) in the airport before your flight and take a pill. ( I took 3 Xanax by the time I got to my gate). I know we don't need to turn to alcohol, but in that case I would. And BTW, I have been a flight attendant for 8 years now AND I live in Georgia!
    wow small world huh? Thanks for all the advice!!!

Ok tomorrow is my flight and unfortunately I have got myself into a whirlwind panic attack tonight and this is not what I need going into the airport tomorrow. Would love it if someone could calm me down. My heart is fluttering and having palps but I know why. I'm so worked up. I just want to enjoy this trip with my family

Anybody got any good advice for a scared lil lady such as myself? I got the lump in my throat this morning feel like I'm going to throw up blah blah blah somebody either shoot me or calm me down please!!!! This is a once-in-a-lifetime trip for my family and I don't want to mess it up because I'm freaking out like a little girl

Once you board the plane and take off, you'll be fine now take the strength that you have mustered up and enjoy this time with your family Jeana!! Think of THEM rather than YOURSELF....Look at them, gotta maintain for them. Have a great trip!!

Yer not a little girl anymore!!!...

E-Man..
    I made a sock puppet,..and liked it. SO THEN I JUST TOOK A PILL.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Safe and happy travels Blessed!

Thank you guys!!!