Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vision problems

Vision problems

So I was sitting on the couch talking to my son and when I looked away from him I felt like I had been looking in to a bright light, although I wasn't. Then it turned in to not being able to see out of the very center of my vision and then it went to seeing very bright colored lights just at the right side of my vision. It lasted about 15 mins and now I have a slight headache. I was getting ready to go to the ER when it stopped. I have been on 10 mg of Prozac for a week although I haven't taken it today. Thoughts?

prozac made my vision so blurry and still is (I'm tapering of it now). As an example I was sitting down eating with my daughter at the superstore, looked up at a lady walking towards us about 20 feet away and I could barely make her out. In the mornings I can barely see the tv, and forget about reading the clock on the oven from 10 feet away too

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidPenny View Post
    So I was sitting on the couch talking to my son and when I looked away from him I felt like I had been looking in to a bright light, although I wasn't. Then it turned in to not being able to see out of the very center of my vision and then it went to seeing very bright colored lights just at the right side of my vision. It lasted about 15 mins and now I have a slight headache. I was getting ready to go to the ER when it stopped. I have been on 10 mg of Prozac for a week although I haven't taken it today. Thoughts?
    I've had something similar to that before. Mostly affecting my peripheral vision, it was blurry. Lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was slightly nauseated with it too and had a slight headache afterward. My doc told me it was an ocular migraine. It's happened to me a couple of times before.

It's not blurry so much as something in my vision.

light flashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    light flashes?
    It looked like a lazer show inside my eyeball.

Sounds like a migraine to me,I've had this bit without the bad head I went to the eye hospital and I said but I don't have any pain and they said you don't have to,this is quite normal

I had this happen a while ago. I had like big zig zag lines in both eyes. Freaked the hell out of me - thought I was going blind!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhar View Post
    I had this happen a while ago. I had like big zig zag lines in both eyes. Freaked the hell out of me - thought I was going blind!!
    That's all things migraines do to you,they can be really frightening and painful but they are not harmful

I had no pain or headache with this episode. Has only ever happened once thank god