Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    One finger or two?
    There is no virtue to be found in a common thief. If people want to believe in god that's fine with me and best of luck to them. I however choose not to and prefer facts and science.

Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MiST
    There is no virtue to be found in a common thief. If people want to believe in god that's fine with me and best of luck to them. I however choose not to and prefer facts and science.

Good luck to you.
    Best to you. I'm comfortable with a variety of opinions, I am not comfortable with needing to shield some groups but to see people openly excoriate others. Excoriated them all or respect them all (on the forum that is ;-)

"Degustibus non est disputandum" I always say. (Not really, just like the saying).
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

One finger or two?
    Well i don't think Robert Tilton needs shielding. It is common knowledge that he is a fraud and made a lot of money through exploitation of others, did the people whose money he stole get shielded? Nope

"make a $100 vow of faith and i will ask god to make your dreams come true" which is one of his favourate sayings.

I mean come on, that is blatent exploitation and fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by MiST
    Well i don't think Robert Tilton needs shielding. It is common knowledge that he is a fraud and made a lot of money through exploitation of others, did the people whose money he stole get shielded? Nope

"make a $100 vow of faith and i will ask god to make your dreams come true" which is one of his favourate sayings.

I mean come on, that is blatent exploitation and fraud.
    Shall I list the millions of ways that we have been snookered by a litany of people, including scientists, oh quite often, research money is a powerful draw.

If you want the last word please have it. But to criticize Christianity due to the scheisters is not really reasonable.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...etracted-fraud

The difference is in your case, someone handed over their money to the scheister, in mine, the government handed over your money. The end result is the same.

First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Carl Jung was very fond of this.
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

Well we are not attacking the Christians here, we just stating that the church needs to change. It is not 200 years ago when the church took 1/10 of peasants harvest, and scare them to death with the hellish fires. I spend my childhood in hospitals, on and off. I was very sick child. the number you gave us (50%) of doctors believe in God is not true. I went through with countless doctors, and Mist I believe have a lot of say in this too. Maybe some believe but not too many.

About NDE if you need to know how is it, you could ask me. I am the survivor of that. I had seen my body from the distance , floating above it in light. No pain nothing. Then I went back, the doctor (my friend) was screeming: come back to your daughter. I probably started to fight. My daughter was only 3 months old. She is 33 now )) the pain of dying is only for a while , in my situation it was.

I do not like when some frauds take the money from the most needed to provide a good life in luxurys for themselves

Please do not mind my style and typos, English is a second language for me....

Even if it is Hoax I wish the church could go with our time. Even buddysm changes and it is still my inspiration.....No catholic church which killed more people than any other religion. I am born and raised in extremely Catholic country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila
    the number you gave us (50%) of doctors believe in God is not true. I went through with countless doctors, and Mist I believe have a lot of say in this too. Maybe some believe but not too many.
    Still, not sure why a hoax post about the Pope even belonged on this forum.

You're right about the doctors, 76% believe in God, my bad.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/06/23/11272.aspx

http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/2005...religious.html

Never let facts get in the way of opinions I always say, your limited exposure must be the universal truth.

I especially appreciate my fellow Christians that have remained silent, the forum is more important than their beliefs, I hope one day they can reconcile this.

You obsess about fraud, but life is rampant with it. I showed the article on science and research fraud, but that doesn't implicate Christians, so we'll apparently just ignore it. Politicians, bankers, investors, etc. all fraud, but let's just focus on Christians.

There are no shortage of genocides committed by non-Christians, in Russia, Germany, Africa, etc. The ultimate irony, Christians will not bring about the end of mankind, science will, so the ultimate act of destruction will be due to people that don't believe in God, chemicals, biologicals, and nuclear will end the world, but no one will be around to blame the Christians. 70,000 people in a few seconds in Japan will testify to that, not just once but twice. But I have a secret, the Vatican secretly owned the plane and funded the project. LOL.

How did your non existent soul float above your body? Strange, just random firing of synapses, you use a spiritual occurrence to refute the point, but you in fact affirmed it, some part of you purportedly hovered, and you're confident that had you not physically recovered, you were destined for peace. Interesting. There is nothing to substantiate that, nothing at all. You don't know where you were destined for.

Here's some loving homosexuals treating Christianity with respect. Funny, when the Christians supported Chik-Fil-A, they didn't make fun of gays.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/08/03...-the-pictures/

I have no idea why we should not talk about religion here? Is there a rule what we talk about it? In my opinion as long as we respect each other, there is not subject that can not be discussed. I had never the intention of insulting anyone.
    The links you provide do not satisfy me , sorry
    I am not against Catholic church, I am against religions; which brainwash people, manipulate them and force them to commit crimes against humanity. I said every religion does it except buddysm which more a way of life than religion

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila
    The links you provide do not satisfy me , sorry
    They're not posted for that purpose. Sorry :-(

They satisfy me, and I share them with the forum, otherwise I'd just PM them to you.

Degustibus non est disputandum.

Quote Originally Posted by artaud

They satisfy me, and I share them with the forum, otherwise I'd just PM them to you.

Degustibus non est disputandum.
    The following, you know, for the forum. Fascinating read on hypocrisy.

"Liberal institutions straightaway cease from being liberal the moment they are soundly established: once this is attained no more grievous and more thorough enemies of freedom exist than liberal institutions." This quotation's author, Friedrich Nietzsche, was no traditionalist himself; in fact, he was a harsh critic of Christianity who coined the phrase "God is dead." Yet he knew that your republic would be dead the day liberals assumed enough power within it."

"But liberals are actually being quite consistent - historically. Infamous leftist Maximilien Robespierre is best known for authoring the French Revolution's spasm of violence and using the guillotine to murder thousands. What's less well known is that prior to assuming power Robespierre was a staunch death-penalty opponent.

And the list continues. The communist Khmer Rouge promised Cambodians peace, equality and prosperity, but then proceeded to kill off a third of them between 1975 and '79. The Soviet Bolsheviks adopted the slogan "bread, peace and land," but then purposely starved to death nine million people during the "Great Famine." Mao Zedong pledged to give the Chinese a better life but only delivered a quicker death, exterminating 60+ million of his countrymen. Fidel Castro promised his nation free elections in 1959, but then became the world's longest-serving non-royal leader, reigning as Cuba's dictator for 52 years.

In our time, too, this leftist shape-shifting is evident. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) preaches an animal-liberation line and even condemns meat consumption, but kills 89 percent of its shelter animals."

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...rals_kill.html

I know the facts from history, it does not change my opinion about using "God" to manipulate people...
    I know about Peta and it pains me, being a lover of animals and nature....