Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artaud View Post
    So go for it, but comfortably more than 50% of doctors won't agree with you.
    I haven't looked into it, but that comment just made me wonder. Some people describe having amazing, peaceful hallucinations when near death, others report to having horrendous ones. I wonder what it is that decides that? If I was dying, I'd most certainly want the peaceful blissful hallucination that people describe

One finger or two?
    Isn't it a result of the brain shutting down and all out receptors firing off all at once? It all seems a bit hit and miss to me..

Yeah, I just wondered why some get the good kind, and others get the terrifying kind.

Quote Originally Posted by MiST
    Isn't it a result of the brain shutting down and all out receptors firing off all at once? It all seems a bit hit and miss to me..
    Yeah, what would someone with 8 years + of college know, someone that sees the tragedy of 1000s of patients end of life struggles, (smack to my own head), I'll have to tell them the truth of your words, I'm sure they never considered that. LOL.
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

One finger or two?
    Yea, maybe it depends how at peace you are with letting go.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03
    Yeah, I just wondered why some get the good kind, and others get the terrifying kind.
    Jesse, maybe, just maybe, there's something behind it. Good luck buddy.
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

One finger or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by artaud View Post
    Yeah, what would someone with 8 years + of college know, someone that sees the tragedy of 1000s of patients end of life struggles, (smack to my own head), I'll have to tell them the truth of your words, I'm sure they never considered that. LOL.
    Hey, there is no need to be a rude arsehole about it. Try and converse with a sense of decorum and project your differing opinion in an objective and polite way in future.

I guess i know nothing about tragedy and loss or about life struggles. Please excuse me.

Apparently a panic attack (if severe enough) can bring on a mini near death experience in some rare cases.

Anyway, I was watching a show about NDEs once, the lady who was talking of her experience said it felt like she was being washed over with love, and that the pleasure of the experience was so intense it felt like 300 orgasms at once.

Another person who had attempted suicide by jumping, spoke of being eaten alive, having knives stuck into her by little demons and worms crawling in and out of her, she described the ordeal as behind horrific.

What a difference. I know one is likely to be in a worse place mentally, chemically and subconsciously, but wow...

When I go, I seriously hope it's the 300 orgasm way!!!

Hm, a Belgian study on NDEs, albeit it not too big at the moment, concluded that according to the people interviewed and studied, more people report going to 'Heaven' than 'Hell'.

That's slightly relieving

To Mist: A retort to your "Farting Preacher" link. This is an interesting medley contrasting your apparent disgust at Christians, with my disgust at people that principally listen to the television or computer to give them their thoughts. From an old movie Network, this and the "I'm as mad as hell" being the only virtue I find in the movie.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8
    Last edited by artaud; 01-04-2014 at 05:00 PM.