Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Driving 468x60
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New medication

New medication

My doctor is reviewing my previous medications in the hopes of prescribing me something new. We're going to discuss it on Friday, but I'm not sure what he is going to recommend.

Over the past 6+ years, I've had the following-

Escitalopram
    Citalopram
    Clomipromine
    Sulpiride
    Sertraline
    Fluoxetine
    Venlafaxine
    Propranolol
    Diazepam

I had little success on these medications. I was either very tired to the point of almost falling asleep at work, falling asleep on my commutes to and from work. Or I had major headaches, insomnia, nausea or night sweats. Sertraline made me 10 times worse, where I could barely function and ended up being off work for 2 weeks because I couldn't get out of bed.

I'm a bit worried as to what he may prescribe for me. The only thing that gave any form of relief was diazepam & I know they cannot prescribe that for me any longer.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what other sorts of medication could work that I could discuss with him on Friday.

Thanks

Over the past 11 years I have been on a long list of meds as well. I don't tolerate meds well at all and am in the process of tapering off 2 more. My p docs and family docs and counsellor a all agree meds aren't for me even though I have high anxiety, ptsd depression and panic. I am now turning to natural routes such as yoga, mindfulness, talk therapy and cbt.

I know how frustrating and worrying unsuccessful med attempts can be and I wish you all the best!

Oh boy!..you keep good records..

Since all those failed you,..I would ask for Abilify. AND something to help with the situational anxiety until you see how the Abilify works. It's a very unique medication and also very expensive over here too.

If not, then Mirtazapine (Remeron) because that may also be the ticket for you...

I love the Abilify,..

and my Nephews wife loves the Remeron..

Just some things to think about friend...

E-Man...

Quote Originally Posted by karebear73 View Post
    Over the past 11 years I have been on a long list of meds as well. I don't tolerate meds well at all and am in the process of tapering off 2 more. My p docs and family docs and counsellor a all agree meds aren't for me even though I have high anxiety, ptsd depression and panic. I am now turning to natural routes such as yoga, mindfulness, talk therapy and cbt.

I know how frustrating and worrying unsuccessful med attempts can be and I wish you all the best!
    Have you ever tried Remeron or Abilify yet????....

The Remeron has taken an agoraphobe out of the house and now she won't shut up...

The Abilify will take me into crowds, and without a care in the world...it wasn't ever like that before. Hell I'd even give a speech about cotton balls if that's what was needed!

E-Man..

I have tried paxil, Wellbutrin, Remeron, ativan, seroquel, clonezapam, Zoloft, cipralex, Effexor, Prozac and trazadone.

And about 6 others from 2001 to 2004 but can't remember what they were....I relocated in 2008 and my health records didn't follow unfortunately

You should (if you want too) inquire about some Abilify. It is awesome! I rarely ever had found a medication that does what this one does..But it's reallly pricey in the US.

Just like temperancebrennan ....I'm scared to try anything new.

oh dear...one more shot at it?...I have had 0 side effects with it, other than energy that's positive energy!..