Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: I'm in a panic.

I'm in a panic.

So, I wake up a lot with my hands tingling and sometimes it's hard to move my arm. This morning my right hand was tingling after I got out of bed for a while. Now I'm laying here trying to watch a movie and my thumb keeps twitching, then it moved to my pointer finger. I'm really freaking out. Does anyone know what this could be? Ever happened to anyone else?

How old are you?

Do you use a lot of computer/ phone?

I'm 31. I don't think I use a computer or phone more than the normal person. I don't use them for work.

Ok sure.

Have you had blood test lately? Are your sugars ok do you know?

It sounds a LOT like carpel tunnel syndrome. A nerve problem in your wrist. I had it when I first got my xbox. Makes the arm kinda sore. Also makes finger and thumb twitch, that's a common symptom.

A side note could be low magnesium/calcium. Deficiencies in both cause muscle twitching and anxiety.

You can google carpel tunnel. It's a safe google. You can see if it fits.

I'm not sure about my blood sugars. Thanks for the info. I lol'd at the safe google comment.

Did you possibly sleep one way on your arm all night? It's probably as simple as a strained muscle or a pinched nerve. I get this sometimes. You got nothing to worry about. The twitching will subside. I've had fingers twitch for a day or two after waking with a numb arm. Most likely it's the way you slept. If it were heart or stroke related, you'd know it for sure by now. If it doesn't subside in a day or so, just go have it checked out for peace of mind.