Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Panic

Panic

I have a constant bladder problem caused by anxiaty. When I go out I start walking and need to urinate and all I can think about is urinating. I get shooting pains at night but only if I think about them I don't no when I need the toilet or it's my head. Massive restriction on my life I have panic attacks cuz of the feeling of urinating then needing to go streight after. I dm go abroad anymore as I have had a panic attack in irland and it scared me so much. I Neva used to Neva pathetic worrier or have the bladder problem it just came over night. I wish my days weeks and years away. Can anxiaty meds help with the urination problem. I'm doing cbt and this prob has been over a year now n need it to go so has any1 come a cross this before. Thanks

Yes an anxiety med can help with all anxiety related symptoms. The urination scenario may be just a symptom or effect. Yes. Try an ssri for a few moths and see how you do. It might help a great deal. Alankay

Thank you for your responses. Never lost control just petrified of the feeling of needing to go after I have already bin which leads me to holding it for ages. I can actually hold on for a while it just feels like I'm going to wet myself. So it takes over my thought pattern so I carnt be in the moment