Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One can never be sure until you have spent the time to try these methods out yourself ... bit like the medication forum! No short answers. I base my post in here on a number of years personal experience. ... and I'm still not sure about anything, however I do know what works for me with most of the above.

Good to see an interest in the topic. Best of luck with whatever you try and hope you gain something one way or the other.

I'm actually going to youtube some DEEP INSIGHT "Brainsync" whilst I continue to now draw.

Peace
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Abi View Post
    Hey GeneAllen, thank you for the link, I really appreciate that.
    I would just like to ask which source you would recommend for someone starting out. The ones from IMMRAMA, I think I can order those in the UK, i'm not sure about the BrainSync.
    I recently came across an App on my phone that claims to do a similar thing, I was wondering if that would be worth a try.
    I'm not sure where to start.
    Many thanks.
    I have only used Brainsync but I am sure others have as good of stuff. I would have to say use the ones that best describe what you need right now. I recommend you NOT ever listen to theta while having to drive, or be alert though. I have enjoyed relieving anxiety, brain massage, and sacred ground. I would also look into Dr. Marty Rossman, and check out his free video on guided meditation too. His speech on "worry" at The University of California (Berkley) I think. It explains very well what good or bad worry can be. If you want to sleep you'll need one type of brainwave, if you want to concentrate another. If you want clarity another. They are good for all aspects though, just use them as tools that serve you. I sure wish you well. I will say at the first my experience was skeptical, but I also noticed a shift in my stuck feeling at the time, another time I had a very deep sense of an inner aspect of myself, that went far beyond "hoping", it was a direct experience of knowing the "real me". If there is such a thing, I say that because it was not separate from the entire universe or others, it was very much connected to all things. It was not just me, there was no separation and I felt it deeply. Kinda difficult for words to do this justice. I had immediate results. First time was anxious, second time was awesome.

Peace my friends
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

Interesting Gene ... I'm seeing it's best not to seek at all in order for such things to take place - just go with what rings best. Once I tune in, it does not take me long to know if something is leading m in the right direction, or not ... and when it does, it's more a case of identifying what's already in me that works against the stream that so many others; take apparent ease ... in flowing with.

Then again ... I do tend to break away from the collective mentality as I much prefer my own inner space to that other expanse in which so many claim they must participate in ... a space that can be so easily ... manipulated. For all it's majesty, The Ocean is a dangerous place.
    Last edited by Ponder; 03-15-2014 at 02:29 AM.

I am bumpin the thread cause it is worth it
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore