Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zoloft 2nd time around....nervous

Today I started Zoloft 25mg for panic attacks and agoraphobia (due to panic). I was on zoloft for about two years previously but went off of it to try and manage panic without medication about two years ago. I started it this morning and am already feeling nauseous and have a very mild fever (99.5), but I haven't been feeling to well the past few days anyway. I am freaking out a bit because a big trigger of mine is vomiting and any type of illness, major health anxiety here!

I always take my temperature because I'm so nervous about being sick, so even slight increases freak me out.

Does anyone use zoloft or have any encouraging words for me? My tears and I would appreciate it today.

Hey Zoloft users please help out if you can!!...

and hypochondriacs too!!!

E-Man..

I think you just answered your own question as we tend to do when the initial panic wears off = rational thinking

You have been feeling ill for a few days my guess is probably you have been panicking so much about taking these pills you were making yourself anxious and now you have taken them theres no way out so queue even more panic and feeling sick. try to stop worrying, reality is pills are most active in the first few hours if they have not made you physically sick yet chances are they are not going to so give it a few days/

The funny thing is i can tell you this but cant tell myself haha the one thing i have been left with after getting rid of most of my anxiety is a fear of taking medications of any kind, i tend to favour suffering the pain BUT saying that i have been taking propanalol (beta blocker) for years and i take it every day without thinking about it, despite it taking me 3 months after being prescribed it to actually take it ... i made the mistake of reading the side effects list :/ never a good thing to do when you suffer anxiety lol.

Im sure when you get through the first day you will feel better as the first time you take a new tablet is the worst.

I take Zoloft 50mg I was terrified to take these tablets when I was prescribed them I ended up making myself so scared and anxious I decided it wasn't worth it and oh my god was I wrong to do that I fought it for another 2 weeks before giving in and asking if I could start them

I had a couple of rough days to start with one of those days I had to take a benzo to calm down but after that I felt fine and just getting better each day

I def say stick with it you have been on it before so you know the outcome so just stick to that and also I am always around if you need to message me about anything at all

I started zoloft over a month ago. The beginning was pretty rough. I wanted to give up a few times but held on because I knew that the end result would be so much better. Hang in there, it does get better. I had to give it about 4 weeks before I started to feel some results.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Today I started Zoloft 25mg for panic attacks and agoraphobia (due to panic). I was on zoloft for about two years previously but went off of it to try and manage panic without medication about two years ago. I started it this morning and am already feeling nauseous and have a very mild fever (99.5), but I haven't been feeling to well the past few days anyway. I am freaking out a bit because a big trigger of mine is vomiting and any type of illness, major health anxiety here!

I always take my temperature because I'm so nervous about being sick, so even slight increases freak me out.

Does anyone use zoloft or have any encouraging words for me? My tears and I would appreciate it today.
    I take Zoloft...and I'm freaking right now because I take 100mg!!!!! that seems like a lot compared to 25mg???? For me it took the Zoloft nearly 4 to 5 weeks to start helping me feel better, I've never heard of it being used as a script for panic attacks, I have Ativan for that....the Zoloft is prescribed for my "depression" issues. I do not believe that you are feeling ill from the one pill you took this morning, I think you just have yourself worked up....and worried, and stressed. Give the medicine a try for awhile, you will be ok!!! (hugs)

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
    I take Zoloft...and I'm freaking right now because I take 100mg!!!!! that seems like a lot compared to 25mg???? For me it took the Zoloft nearly 4 to 5 weeks to start helping me feel better, I've never heard of it being used as a script for panic attacks, I have Ativan for that....the Zoloft is prescribed for my "depression" issues. I do not believe that you are feeling ill from the one pill you took this morning, I think you just have yourself worked up....and worried, and stressed. Give the medicine a try for awhile, you will be ok!!! (hugs)

Thank you! I do feel better today, it's true the first day was the worst. For anxiety and panic attacks ssri dose is usually lower than when they're used for depression. I'm also super sensitive to anxiety and depression meds, so my doses are generally really low. I also take ativan for my panic attacks when needed but I would need to take it everyday if I didn't start the zoloft, which is really bad for you.

Thank you! I do feel better today, it's true the first day was the worst. For anxiety and panic attacks ssri dose is usually lower than when they're used for depression. I'm also super sensitive to anxiety and depression meds, so my doses are generally really low. I also take ativan for my panic attacks when needed but I would need to take it everyday if I didn't start the zoloft, which is really bad for you.
    I'm glad you are feeling better, I signed in to check on you. I take Ativan too for my anxiety triggered by PTSD.... ugh I could take it every day, multiple times too, but I don't. I hold out until its really bad. My doctor says I'm doing it all wrong, and that I should take the Ativan BEFORE it gets bad, because stress is SO hard on our bodies. I don't know why we fight the help....another side effect of anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
    I'm glad you are feeling better, I signed in to check on you. I take Ativan too for my anxiety triggered by PTSD.... ugh I could take it every day, multiple times too, but I don't. I hold out until its really bad. My doctor says I'm doing it all wrong, and that I should take the Ativan BEFORE it gets bad, because stress is SO hard on our bodies. I don't know why we fight the help....another side effect of anxiety?
    I am the exact same way! I almost never take it even when it's really bad i convince myself if I were stronger I'd be able to pull myself out. Anxiety loves to trick our minds into us not recognizing it I guess. Instead of fast heart, it's heart attack, and instead of lightheaded ness, it's I'm going to pass out and die.......I know I need to get better at self care by "leaning on" my meds in my weak moments for sure. Thanks a lot for your support. I hope you're doing well.

Thumbs up

I am the exact same way! I almost never take it even when it's really bad i convince myself if I were stronger I'd be able to pull myself out. Anxiety loves to trick our minds into us not recognizing it I guess. Instead of fast heart, it's heart attack, and instead of lightheaded ness, it's I'm going to pass out and die.......I know I need to get better at self care by "leaning on" my meds in my weak moments for sure. Thanks a lot for your support. I hope you're doing well.

You hit the nail on the head!! Its ALWAYS worst case scenario for us anxiety addicts isn't it lol I laugh, but not at us, but at the frustration of it all! You are doing great to recoginize anxiety.....that's important, good job!