Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hi everyone!

Unhappy Hi everyone!

Hello! My name is Christina Weaver and I have suffered from social anxiety for most of my life. I am 19 now, and ever since I was a child I have been extremely shy and quiet. I have no friends, and I rarely go outside of my house. I am attending my local community college, and my anxiety has become so bad that I am taking all of my classes online next semester. I also have other health issues along with my social anxiety. I have come here to receive advice from others, since I feel like I have no one else to turn to.

My biggest problem is social rejection, due to the fact that I have never fit in with my peers. Even my own twin rejected me from the age of 5 onward. It has gotten better in recent years, but I feel as though her rejection will affect me for the rest of my life . I have always had different interest than most of my peers. I have loved classical music, art, literature, and anything pertaining to the world of academia since I was little. My peers, on the other hand, all seem to be interested in partying, drinking, social media, celebrities, fashion trends, modern music...basically things that are "hip" and "trendy". I know not everyone in the 18-30 year old age demographic is like this, but I haven't ran across very many that don't fit this mold. This may be a contributing factor to my anti-social lifestyle. I just feel as though I do not belong anywhere in the world.

Happy holidays!
    Tina Weaver

Oh gawd...

Your story sounds just like my gf's story..she can tell us anything about 16th Century art! YAY!! And, played the oboe, and piano, and sang, yadda yadda bla bla..LOL!!

Do you have any friends from those classes?? She was a "wall flower" too....now, she's an elected official of 25 yrs, Judge...Imagine that.

Welcome!!

E-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiecfc View Post
    Hi Tina,

I have had anxiety, agoraphobia for over 2 decades now. I am trying hard to overcome my fears!!! If there is some counselling /meds program you could undertake to help you overcome I would encourage you to resume on campus. Avoidance is agoraphobias best buddy. That was my big mistake.

You're not alone ok
    That was friggin powerful, all of it!!

I admire your enthusiasm to make these changes, I admire strength....

E-Man.