Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Could you provide a brief description of DHEA and the other one? Is DHEA like hormone replacement?

I've always been sure I've had this for many reasons and it's never balanced out, moobs, sometimes poor erections etc and I've looked Into it and that's what it came up with. I think when I was working out a lot it was helping because I was producing more testosterone.

I'm gonna see what sleeping pills I have in the house for tonight I recon I'll sleep well anyway though.
    Do you have any advice on what to do as per hormones, I've been reading that there's quite a few Chinese herbal mixed remedies that lower estrogen or balance it out like ginger and myonin but there's a lot of different advice out there really need to crack it down cause if there's a herbal supplement I can start trying straight away it's not going to hurt trying it! Any advice?

Ok ddoooooodddd....
    1. If I were you, I would get an actual blood test to check out all the hormones. THIS would be the most important and vital part of it unless there are financial concerns, but I won't buy any "I don't like Doctors, I don't like needle" shit here..this is IMPORTANT. It could change your whole life, and answer questions about your entire past life. If you have insurance, or money, go see a Hormone Doc/Endo/ or even your PCP can order these tests too. They're very easy to read.
    2. OMG. The Shortest Answer Possible about DHEA: It is the Mother of all Hormones. It is made from cholesterol. Your body also makes cholesterol. Eating high FAT foods raises cholesterol, not eating cholesterol rich foods, the body is poor at absorbing high cholesterol foods, (which is funny when EVERYTHING say 0 cholesterol but your body can't absorb it but we think O let's buy that!), ALL of the other 100's of chemicals, hormones, pro-hormones, yadda yadda bla bla, are made from DHEA, low DHEA or low CHOLESTEROL means that your body doesn't have the RAW MATERIAL to make anything that it needs to function like a finely tuned precision machine that it is....
    3. DHEA is kind of like hormone replacement, but not quite. It is a (pro-hormone) meaning your body will turn it into whatever it wants too. Testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, yadda yadda. It is safe, legal here, but you should do #1 first if you can...if you can't (money issue ONLY) then take 50mg a day. Your system will use what it needs and p*ss out the rest.
    4. The ONLY possible hormone adjusting herb that even does anything at all is (licorice). It can help to jump start the endocrine system to work more optimally. Just don't use it for more than 2 weeks, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks, 2 weeks off...with the DHEA daily!
    5. Raise your T level: Celery, avocado, almonds, bananas, a multi, extra zinc 50mg daily, lysine 500mg daily (estrogen blocker)...
    6. Sport a chub: Take some L-arginine. Vasodialotorrrrrrrrrrrrr....BOING!!!! BAAHAA!!

How's that?

E-Man.

oops....

Yes, sleep!!!!

Very interesting read, thanks E. I've done some further reading into estrogen dominance and having a Progesterone deficiency relates to moobs, low libido, urine frequency and issues there, anxiety etc basically a lot of the issues I am dealing with.

Next week I might book in with my doctor again to discuss my concerns with having hormone imbalances.

Excellent! And don't take "no it can't be that" for an answer....Check them, then there's your proof. You go this J!
    Interesting stuff isn't it???.....

Yeah I won't, luckily this new doctor was great when I went last week. He was like no amutriptyline won't do you any good you need to be on citalopram because it had got to the point where i could not function normally, as I explained it to him just walking to the docs and sitting in the waiting room meant I was having a huge anxiety attack for no reason.

Plus he set me up with a physio straight away which I'm so glad, although it's unrelated I have had injury for close to a year and most of that time spent on physio waiting lists but now I'm getting it free so should be on the mend there which will help my general mind I hope!

I'm feeling really positive this evening; it's nearly 10pm right now, I've spent most of the day in bed because I can't deal with anything but whilst I've been here I've done ok. The awful feelings early today were scary as hell but I got through it and didn't give up (give up being breaking down and sobbing uncontrollably which I felt like doing!).

I've just taken my second tablet and I've just said to myself take that shit and it's gonna fix me! I was nervous taking it today because of what happened but I know I just need to push through it this weekend. I can feel all my senses heightened, my thoughts, my heart rate, my chest pains, exhaustion, depression from it all everything has been heightened today, like it was an instant change from before taking them so now I totally understand that I could end up like this permanently if I don't do something about it!

But I am so focused on fixing myself now so I can do the huuuge things I want to do with my life! I'm very ambitious and put a lot of pressure on my self, just one of the many things that undoubtedly attributes to my overall anxiety.

Sorry for ranting even if no one bothers reading just getting it off my chest to a place where I know people will understand = amazing.
    I'm feeling very sad lately knowing that I have actually had this condition for 3 years, never being able to understand until recently what is wrong, I said this to a counseller a month or so ago and I broke down in tears because I was so angry, I've cried more in the past 2 months than I have in years, so much pressure just built up.

Just to clarify: I am so messed up right now because the citalopram is supposed to do that until my body gets used to it, so I am told. So it's pretty heavy right now.

Just get up and get a snack, anything. slow down that dissolving tablet abit, and read, research, about what the real deal is. The more you know, the better you will feel because this is correctable! Just gotta see which part isn't working...it points to hormones from where I am 8000 miles away..Relax, and be patient, you're on the up now man!

Your constant guidance is nearly bringing a tear to my eye for your unrelenting understanding and enthusiasm, E, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Yeah, up and up! Focus on fixing, not on what's wrong! I ate a small sandwich before the tablet, now I'm gonna have a banana. I'm not eating much at all because it creates stress on my chest and my heart elevates for some reason. Plus I'm having awful stomach aches and constantly burping so I feel a bit ill. But it ain't getting me down!

I feel I should return the favour E. How are you doing lately? I understand you have a mix of anxiety disorder and ADD?
    In some ways they would suggest to me like opposite conditions, however I know better now from how I feel, it is purely being too much of an over thinker that has dropped me in anxiety.