Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    I would say so yeah. I remember having a few random bouts of panic when starting up. Quite severe too! I read your other post saying the nausea is getting rough. Seems like it's beginning to make changes. Should be a slightly rocky 2 weeks, but then hopefully it will settle. It's rare the nausea lasts longer than two weeks. Sucking strong mint sometimes can help.
    I've been awake for hours having anxiety about taking the celexa. Wondering if I should or shouldn't. It's making me quite anxious.

Give yourself 4 weeks on it. Commit to it. It may raise anxiety, but I promise it's temporary, and even if you stopped after a month, it would go.

After 4 weeks, if you don't like it, you can quit I've done the same thing, debated taking it, only I quit (and went back a year later) it's frustrating later on down the line when you do quit. You wish you'd stuck it out and saw what happened!

I'm on here a fair bit, I also have Facebook if you get freaked out and ever wanted to chat.

I just wanted to give you a little bit advice here I am not on celexa but on Zoloft when I first got these I wouldn't take them I was so anxious about it because I thought I couldn't deal with the side effects

2 weeks later I had to start taking them I was so low the anxiety got to me I just completely over thought it because when I started taking them yes I had a couple of rough days one extreme rough day but 2 days out of the 2 month I suffered was nothing I feel almost back to normal now I am going into my fourth week and I do still have a bit anxiety but I can dismiss it and stop it from spiralling I have never had a panic attack since

Instead of going into my fourth week I could have been going into my 6th week the only regret I have is not taking them in the first place

Give yourself 4 weeks on it. Commit to it. It may raise anxiety, but I promise it's temporary, and even if you stopped after a month, it would go. After 4 weeks, if you don't like it, you can quit I've done the same thing, debated taking it, only I quit (and went back a year later) it's frustrating later on down the line when you do quit. You wish you'd stuck it out and saw what happened! I'm on here a fair bit, I also have Facebook if you get freaked out and ever wanted to chat.
    . Thanks for the reassurance. I'm going to ride it out. I feel like I have to if I want to get over this. Im glad to have someone to go to for support when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedmummy85 View Post
    I just wanted to give you a little bit advice here I am not on celexa but on Zoloft when I first got these I wouldn't take them I was so anxious about it because I thought I couldn't deal with the side effects 2 weeks later I had to start taking them I was so low the anxiety got to me I just completely over thought it because when I started taking them yes I had a couple of rough days one extreme rough day but 2 days out of the 2 month I suffered was nothing I feel almost back to normal now I am going into my fourth week and I do still have a bit anxiety but I can dismiss it and stop it from spiralling I have never had a panic attack since Instead of going into my fourth week I could have been going into my 6th week the only regret I have is not taking them in the first place
    thanks. I'm glad to hear it gets better. I know deep down that right now my anxiety is almost entirely based on the fear of side effects, which I've had for the last two days since increasing my dose to 20mg. I hope that it passes soon. I've been super anxious all morning about taking my meds, but I've taken them anyway. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes and ride it out.

I'm glad your med is starting to get it done WM!

Loads of positive self talk is pretty helpful during the first few weeks. Think mother soothing a child when it wakes up in the middle of the night crying, scared about a monster. Loads of that soothing, incredibly comforting, very positive self talk can usually stop things escalating.

'Come on Jesse, bigJ, you have this! A little pill and you're freaking out. You're working yourself into a panic aren't you. You have this! There's no need for that! You can relax, it's ok. A little adrenaline, a little chemical change, so what? What's scary about that? It won't harm you, it won't stay very long. It can't possibly be permanent.You're such a strong person. You're gonna just relax, watch a little tv, let some time pass, and it's all gonna be good, you know it is, let that s**t go big man, you don't need it!'

I used to talk to myself like that a lot. It sounds really weird writing it down, but it's such a good thing to do, to comfort yourself, play down the situation, and be cute with yourself about it. It's almost the opposite of what anxiety is about, self talking into worry.

I'm glad your med is starting to get it done WM! Loads of positive self talk is pretty helpful during the first few weeks. Think mother soothing a child when it wakes up in the middle of the night crying, scared about a monster. Loads of that soothing, incredibly comforting, very positive self talk can usually stop things escalating. 'Come on Jesse, bigJ, you have this! A little pill and you're freaking out. You're working yourself into a panic aren't you. You have this! There's no need for that! You can relax, it's ok. A little adrenaline, a little chemical change, so what? What's scary about that? It won't harm you, it won't stay very long. It can't possibly be permanent.You're such a strong person. You're gonna just relax, watch a little tv, let some time pass, and it's all gonna be good, you know it is, let that s**t go big man, you don't need it!' I used to talk to myself like that a lot. It sounds really weird writing it down, but it's such a good thing to do, to comfort yourself, play down the situation, and be cute with yourself about it. It's almost the opposite of what anxiety is about, self talking into worry.
    I will try to keep that in much when on the verge of an attack, though it's not easy. Thanks for the advice. I may use some of your words on myself.

I'm now on day 4 of my celexa increase from 10mg to 20mg. I've been on celexa for a total of two weeks now. My anxiety is definitely heightened....I'm not sure if it's related to the increase itself or the fact that I'm thinking about going to work tomorrow. Any advice? Do you think the celexa is working for me or do you think it's time I try another drug. Maybe I need a new anti anxiety medication. The Ativan I've taken this morning is not helping, at all.

A lot of anti anxiety meds initially will heighten your anxiety as they are working their way in your system.

Usually up to 6 weeks before they will be working at full tilt.

Give it a bit more time before you switch to something else.
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz View Post
    A lot of anti anxiety meds initially will heighten your anxiety as they are working their way in your system. Usually up to 6 weeks before they will be working at full tilt. Give it a bit more time before you switch to something else.
    that's what I've been telling myself. But it's still hard. My increase to 20mg was only four days ago, so do you think that's why I'm feeling more anxiety than when I was taking 10mg? I should give the increase more time?