Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ok, that's a good sign actually that you feel better at night. It means your coping mechanisms must be pretty good, otherwise a bad start would make you spiral downwards further

There's a chance that at night, all this subconscious stress is being processed and relived by the mind, maybe in dreams that aren't remembered, or the evaluation of leftover stress whilst you're sleeping. The subconscious mind does some pretty amazing things at night.

If that's the case, you'd not be in the best of places in the morning, for obvious reasons. Your mind may be a little off for a few hours, you might be a little tense, a little disoriented, a little adrenaline filled... Any of that stuff. It's a possibility.

The idea with the serotonin is to get it to the ideal level. Depression is usually low serotonin, and anxiety and OCD high, although, a brain that isn't using serotonin effectively may be both. With anxiety, there's usually too much. The drug limits the amount that can be absorbed, making sure the level remains quite constant. This means constant, level mood. In this state, you're able to deal with things better, anxiety isn't usually the default state.

Out of interest, why did your last doctor add another med onto the Celexa? What were your symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Ok, that's a good sign actually that you feel better at night. It means your coping mechanisms must be pretty good, otherwise a bad start would make you spiral downwards further There's a chance that at night, all this subconscious stress is being processed and relived by the mind, maybe in dreams that aren't remembered, or the evaluation of leftover stress whilst you're sleeping. The subconscious mind does some pretty amazing things at night. If that's the case, you'd not be in the best of places in the morning, for obvious reasons. Your mind may be a little off for a few hours, you might be a little tense, a little disoriented, a little adrenaline filled... Any of that stuff. It's a possibility. The idea with the serotonin is to get it to the ideal level. Depression is usually low serotonin, and anxiety and OCD high, although, a brain that isn't using serotonin effectively may be both. With anxiety, there's usually too much. The drug limits the amount that can be absorbed, making sure the level remains quite constant. This means constant, level mood. In this state, you're able to deal with things better, anxiety isn't usually the default state. Out of interest, why did your last doctor add another med onto the Celexa? What were your symptoms?
    my symptoms were similar but more severe last time. At least I think they were. I'm a little foggy as I'm sure you can understand.
    Are you still currently battling anxiety? Do you still take celexa?

It's fine it's good to get some understanding, right! makes it all seem a little less scary. The idea of taking a brain drug is kinda weird ... When you know all it's doing is acting as a measuring glass to make sure you get the right amount of chemical, it's not so bad.

I don't battle anxiety now really. I'm always careful of how I live, to be safe, but it doesn't affect my daily life, unless I'm under some mega intense stress levels.

Where are you from anyway? And what are you holding in your avatar...? It looks like... a donkey?

Quote Originally Posted by kris123 View Post
    I usually feel great at night, like I can conquer the world. I feel pretty normal. But the next day....it starts all over again. Very frustrating. About the serotonin...tell me a little more about that and how it affects my anxiety. How does the celexa treat that? Is the goal to lower it?
    Same for me. Mornings it starts again, hands a bit shaky, stomach in knots. Gets better through the day, at night fine. Sleeping well on the 5 HTP supplement pills 3 days in.

Wonder if it's low blood sugar or adrenaline related in the mornings?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tressell View Post
    Same for me. Mornings it starts again, hands a bit shaky, stomach in knots. Gets better through the day, at night fine. Sleeping well on the 5 HTP supplement pills 3 days in.

Wonder if it's low blood sugar or adrenaline related in the mornings?
    Are you meditating?

It's fine it's good to get some understanding, right! makes it all seem a little less scary. The idea of taking a brain drug is kinda weird ... When you know all it's doing is acting as a measuring glass to make sure you get the right amount of chemical, it's not so bad. I don't battle anxiety now really. I'm always careful of how I live, to be safe, but it doesn't affect my daily life, unless I'm under some mega intense stress levels. Where are you from anyway? And what are you holding in your avatar...? It looks like... a donkey?
    Newfoundland, Canada. And that my dog in the pic with me. Where are you from?

From London, Engerlaand!

Oh it's your dog! I zoomed your pic to try and see what was next to you, it just made it look like a giant rabbit! Haha

From London, Engerlaand! Oh it's your dog! I zoomed your pic to try and see what was next to you, it just made it look like a giant rabbit! Haha
    yeah..little shi-tzu. His hair is kind of overgrown in this photo. He's a sweet little guy. His name is Gus.

I became quite anxious not long ago. Felt as though I would have a panic attack. Heart racing/pounding, kind of short of breath. I took an Ativan and I feel a little better now. I really hope this is just due to the increase in my celexa dose and that it passes soon. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kris123 View Post
    I became quite anxious not long ago. Felt as though I would have a panic attack. Heart racing/pounding, kind of short of breath. I took an Ativan and I feel a little better now. I really hope this is just due to the increase in my celexa dose and that it passes soon. Any thoughts?
    I would say so yeah. I remember having a few random bouts of panic when starting up. Quite severe too!

I read your other post saying the nausea is getting rough. Seems like it's beginning to make changes. Should be a slightly rocky 2 weeks, but then hopefully it will settle. It's rare the nausea lasts longer than two weeks.

Sucking strong mint sometimes can help.