Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scared i won't have sexdrive adter taking meds again:(

Anyone? Does this affect you? I was prescribed 20mgs if Celexa again today.. I took 10.. Scared without a S.Drive my relationship won't survive!
    Anyone else or does anyone have a good druve after meds?

Quote Originally Posted by Terre Nova
    Anyone? Does this affect you? I was prescribed 20mgs if Celexa again today.. I took 10.. Scared without a S.Drive my relationship won't survive!
    Anyone else or does anyone have a good druve after meds?
    I still have one on 20 mgs

Quote Originally Posted by mike98t View Post

I still have one on 20 mgs
    Thanks..
    I just remember the last time i took Celexa, i wasn't able to get "in the mood" and its what ultimately made decide to stop taking it...

Up your amino acid intake (L-arginine)...BOOM! Sex drive remains!!!

Yer I'm having that issues ATM.. Not really an issues because well... My man lives in another country.. But he should hopefully be here just before Christmas.. Guess ill have to force it haha
    I make youtube videos sometimes, feel free to subscribe
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I also have a facebook!
    AmberGbenga

At 20 mgs sex drive may not be effected. Even if it is this should fade. Alankay

I'm only on like 5 I think of lexapro and my sex drive is no where to be seen.. I even forced it to happen a couple times.. But failed miserably.. My partner seems to think its stress.. Which I guess could be but I don't feel that stressed.. Although my cold sore speaks for itself i guess..
    I make youtube videos sometimes, feel free to subscribe
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I also have a facebook!
    AmberGbenga

Quote Originally Posted by AmberGbenga View Post
    I'm only on like 5 I think of lexapro and my sex drive is no where to be seen.. I even forced it to happen a couple times.. But failed miserably.. My partner seems to think its stress.. Which I guess could be but I don't feel that stressed.. Although my cold sore speaks for itself i guess..
    That sucks!! Going all the way to Hawaii and not being in the mood! :-/

Some SSRIs have a short half life. Some people get around it, by taking their drug first thing in the morning the day before they want to have sex, and then not taking the next one until after they've done it. It leaves a gap which can sometimes spark libido for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by alankay View Post
    At 20 mgs sex drive may not be effected. Even if it is this should fade. Alankay
    Wonder if its different women vs men?
    I was prescribed 20mg but i only took 10mg so
    I guess we'll have to find out lol
    Thanks Alankay

Really hope the Celexa helps you, Terre Nova!

Re the sexual side effects, I've been on most of the SSRI's over the years and the only one which literally made me feel dead below the waist was Paroxetine/Paxil. It was definitely a horrible side effect. But I haven't had that problem on any other anti-depressant. I know everyone responds differently, but hopefully there is a very good chance that you will not be effected negatively by Celexa in that department. Good luck!! And let us know how you are doing!

PS: I'm a woman!! I know it's not clear from my username!!
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    )