Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: SSRI question?

Question SSRI question?

How long does an increase in an SSRI (specifically Zoloft) take to work? I've been on Zoloft for about 6 years, and I recently upped it to 75mg, and then we upped it to 100mg about 2 weeks ago. I'm still experiencing obsessive thoughts and derealization and over-thinking, and I'm just getting real nervous that it won't ever leave. My question is, anyone who has had any success with any SSRI, how long did it take to work? And what was your whole experience getting used to it like? Thank you all so much!
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

I think they say 4-6 weeks for full benefit, but after a couple of weeks I would think you should see some improvement. Are you noticing that it's getting any better...even just a tiny bit? If you've been on Zoloft for six years it could very well be time to try another SSRI. I'm on Zoloft now, but previously took Prozac. I loved Prozac, but I did a stupid thing and quit taking it for a few months, so when I tried to go back on it, it never "kicked in" the second time around. That's when I switched to Zoloft. It wouldn't hurt to give your doc a quick call just to see what he/she suggests. Maybe you just need another week or so to adjust. Best wishes!

Nat

Ssri

I am on Lexapro and that helps me 100% with drealization. I would wait a few months before deciding to switch to a different one to see if the increase really works for you or not.