Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye problems.

Awesome pic! I won't see anything like that until next year round here...

Macast - I see the sky like this also... And light walls. I work in an office with fluorescent lighting throughout and this also affects it. I've seen eye doctors and also had imaging in my head and everything seems normal. They said my eyes were dry. The spots I see are distracting at times because it makes me wonder what the heck is going on and flares my anxiety. The only reassurance I have at all is that I have had them for many years. I too seem to think they are related to anxiety or maybe eye strain related to anxiety or over sensitivity... Some people react to things differently and I think I am hypersensitive when things are bright or when there is lots going on. Do you think that could relate to you?

Yes, I'm like that too. I think if I once discover something about my body, normal or not, I'll constantly think about that. For example, we see our nose on the left and right of our vision but out brain doesn't let us see it, unless we consciously look for it. I feel this is the same with my vision. Any problems I feel I see are only apparent if I look for them, otherwise they aren't there.

I do spent a lot of time indoors and my house isn't exactly as bright as outside and my room is rather dim lit, which apparently everyone sees some noise when it's not bright. Put it this way if you told me anxiety can cause pains in your leg, I'd be constantly checking up and I bet i would have pains in my leg in the next couple of days because I'd tell myself that it is possible.

Sup Mr MACAST.

I was similar to SSMommy. When my anxiety was high, I'd see the sky and walls the same way. At first I thought my antidepressant was making me hallucinate. I'd even see the pool table like that when shooting stick with some people. As my anxiety lowered, that particular issue went, and I was just left with the eye floater type things.

I'd also see random yellow lines on the floor or on the wall. That was pretty hallucinogenic, but I later learnt that was anxiety too, and sure enough, went as my anxiety did.

Eye tests are really good now, they can spot so many conditions with their methods. If you've had one, and it's all ok, there's a huge chance it's stress related.

It really is one heck of a condition. I've actually yet to see a condition that has a symptom list as long as that of anxiety LOL

Thank you all for your replies. I feel happier knowing I'm not the only one! If I hadn't have searched for seeing spots with anxiety on the Google, I wouldn't have even noticed anything wrong with my vision at all. I seem to find symptoms, then constantly check to see if I have them. I drove home from college today not noticing any problem with my vision AT ALL, yet, when I'm hope, I wait for my food to cook and sit twiddling my thumbs, oh look, I'm really concious of it. Like now, I started typing this out and didn't consciously see anything but now I can see it almost everywhere I look. If I once go on my guitar or something it'll become unnoticeable again. Anxiety definitely is a strange and bizarre condition, but I have to learn that thinking about it or worrying about it won't make anything go away, so I need to get on with what I need to do. I am currently finishing at college for this semester and have a lot of work to be doing, so it's probably a lot of stress!

This is the weird thing, I don't feel stressed right now, but maybe this is my body's way of saying I am.

I notice too that I am in my living room, it's 7:38pm and my living room isn't exactly brightly lit, but when I look at the lights , it's clear. I can't see any visual issue. When I do look at it but everything else around it seems to be a bit noisy and grainy.

It's almost I see exactly like the photo apart from the light being clear as the camera didn't focus on that when I took the photo. The noise level is about what I am seeing at the moment. The image is quite a good example.

Not entirely sure this is normal as my mom says she can't really see any noise and if she does it's only a bit. Maybe I'm just focusing on it too much.

image-1721135497.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Macast
    Can I ask. Does anyone see the sky like this?
    I think it is, actually, all in my head... Anxiety!
    I see, interesting. See if these describe anything similar, can still be a migraine phenomenon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...kes-sunny.html
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

I don't see snowflakes or anything that stops me seeing. It's mainly if I focus on something that around it has almost a static on it, buts feint and doesn't distract me.

On the one hand it could pass at mild visual snow I guess but at the same time I only seem to "get it" if I think about it as well as looking out for it.

For example the whole time I was at college today I didn't notice it, but as soon as I got home and had time to think about it, it suddenly becomes conscious. I don't know. It seems like one thing after another goin wrong with my body :-(

Does anyone ever see like floaters but they are colors like purple blue or yellow???

Floater I see are circular, slight transparent. They are white or clear. There are many types of floater though...