Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye problems.

Eye problems.

I noticed a few weeks back that I saw some spots coming out of nowhere and started to get anxious. I checked them online and I found some information on Visual Snow. This wasn't what I was getting, but after I read it, this visual snow seemed to be apparent. Whether I had it since I was a child or whether I was/am telling myself I have it, I don't know.

Either way, I checked around and saw there is a thing called the Blue field entoptic phenomenon, which is more what I was getting and read that it is normal. I then went about my business and didn't notice any visual problems at all. The other night I saw some spots again, got anxious and wanted to double check what I had read was right. I went back on the same website and read about the visual snow again, and ever since then I'm constantly checking on my vision to see if I can see this "noise", which I can. It's not completely distracting, infact if I am engrossed in a task I don't notice it's there. For example, if I am watching TV or eating my tea, I don't see it. Also it depends what I'm looking at and what light is in the room. For example, I was driving to college the other day and when I looked at the inside of my car to try and focus to see if there was any noise, I couldn't see any. Maybe if I stare for a while I can see some, but it took some looking to notice.

If I hadn't have read that website, I believe I wouldn't be thinking I had any vision problems, whether I have them or not. I mean, I guess they can't be that bad even if I do have them if it's taken me 19 years to figure out it's there! Also, my stomach and bowel problems that I sometimes get have gone and any other symptoms of anxiety have seemed to have disappeared while I think about this.

Just wondering if anyone else gets this too or any other visual problems.

Thanks.
    Matt.

Yup,

Had them all the time for the past couple of years and finally just went to see an optomitrist. Complete eye exam, all spots that I see are normal, no eye damage, no glaucoma, no metal chunks in my eyes, just needed glasses to read with. Without them, I see fog, spots, noise, floaters, and if I'm in a light colored room I see what looks to be hairs and fuzz. LOL! You probably just need a simple 15 min eye exam..quit reading things on Google.

Best wishes Matt!

E-Man.

I also experience the same issues and have had the ok with an eye doctor as well as mri/mra because of bad headaches. All is OK.

I'm thankful that I'm not the only one. It seems like once one symptom of anxiety disappears, another pops up! I should know from experience that I shouldn't google symptoms!

All normal..If you're concerned, go see an eye Doctor friend. Yes, stop trying to self-diagnose before you think you have something else, that you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Macast
    I noticed a few weeks back that I saw some spots coming out of nowhere and started to get anxious.
    I'd be curious about more specific details of your eye problem. I was an optician at one time (not an optometrist or ophthalmologist, just the guy that makes and fits glasses) and a longtime sufferer of "Visual Migraines". See some of the following links for Phosphenes and Scintillating Scotomas (migraine) and floaters (non migraine). Let me know if any of these are close to what you see.

https://theconversation.com/explaine...igraines-11720

http://vision.about.com/od/eyediseas.../Phosphene.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma

http://patienteducationcenter.org/wp...p?image=226825

http://www.kopzorgen.nl/images/aura.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

Only one I get sometimes are floaters, which seem to be circular and usually when looking at the sky or at a light coloured wall. I have not had a migraine in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Macast
    I have not had a migraine in my entire life.
    You can get visual symptoms from migraine without any pain. Dr. Oliver Sax wrote a book on migraines, interesting. Some people get mosaic migraines, others lilliputian migraines, scintillating scotomas, and a variety of other visual symptoms.
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

Aaaah okay. I don't think I get those thought as if I'm distracted it doesn't seem to appear. For example, after writing this thread, I noticed that it was suddenly less apparent or not even there when doing things just to know it's not abnormal.

Bloody anxiety aha! What a pain :P

Can I ask. Does anyone see the sky like this? I do see a lot of things like this but nowhere near as bold as that. I had a problem with my vehicle before I went to college and was pretty angry, so when I was fixing it and my mind is completely taken off it I wasn't complaining or even noticing anything wrong with my sight at all.

I think it is, actually, all in my head... Anxiety!

image-1684840411.jpg