Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy Is this a form of OCD, or just anxiety, or something else?

Okay, so I've noticed that the main things that cause me anxiety. Some of it is because of dizziness, some of it is because of brain fog, some of it is because of blurred vision, a lot of it is because I have a terrible fear of impending doom, but the absolute main reason I do believe is because of how badly I over-analyze things until nothing seems real. For example, if I see my cat and I pet it and smile and such and think oh, how sweet and cute, afterwards I start thinking, "Wait, why are cats so weird looking? Why don't they look like humans? Why are we the only animals that can talk? Why are cats cute? Why do I even like cats?" and so on until everything seems too unusual and odd to be real. And so I start feeling like the whole world is so weird and odd and my mind goes into panic trying to find a reason/understanding for everything, even though I know that no one on earth has an explanation/understanding of everything. But I just keep feeling like everything is off and strange and unusual and wondering but why this and why that and how this and what if and so on, until I go into full crying panic. And my mind never stops racing all of these insanely aware thoughts that no one knows the answer to, but I feel like I have to know the answer. Has anybody had anything similar? Or have you heard of something similar? Of course I have the intrusive thoughts sometimes (they used to be my panic triggers) but it seems like they were replaced with these obsessive thoughts of having to know the meaning of everything until everything seems fake and terrifying. Is this a form of OCD? Have any of you experienced/heard of things such as this? It is starting to control my life to a point of where I can't even sleep anymore and I'm terrified of everything and everything seems like a dream. I've heard of derealization, but it seems like things only seem unreal because I over-think too much. Please answer if you have had any experiences this bad or have heard of them! Also, I just increased my Zoloft meds 2 days ago so I'm waiting for them to kick in, I'm praying they will work. But has anyone had CBT for OCD? Is it worth it? Thank all of you ahead of time!!!

I have ocd I also over analyse so yes I believe that what you are experiencing is a form of ocd

CBT is as useful for OCD as meds. I don't think meds alone often kick it. That being said, usually just a good understanding of the condition, will help, and you can get that online if you can't get any therapy.

Anxiety makes you obsessive, naturally. It also makes you have some freakishly weird thoughts. Your condition seems like a bit of a mix of the two. Perhaps you go into the OCD category, yeah. But not by a huge amount. I think you'll get out ok!

If you do try cbt and or works I'd love to hear of any techniques u learn 😊 my docs wouldn't let me try it they said the waiting list was too long but I've heard it's supposed to be really good 😃