Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Im sorry to hear that. I was like you for 10 years but have recently took the plunge

Maybe you got the placebo effect because they are not meant to work right away it meant to take 2 weeks for the side effects to drop then another 2 weeks for you to feel the benefit

So you either got the placebo effect or you got the opposite of the side effects and now it has calmed down so I would def say stick with it another couple of weeks but keep me posted on how your getting on your welcome to private message aswell

Quote Originally Posted by worriedmummy85
    so after day 2 is almost over I have been a little more shaky and anxious today but not loads I have a headache and can feel slightly sick at times it's not overly bad

Still can't wait to get the two weeks over with tho I took a slight panic attack on the way home from taking my daughter to school I wasn't far from home and powered myself through it, it only lasted about 30 seconds but still felt awful afterwards

I am right in thinking that sertralines serum peak is about 8ish hours unless your on the liquid and its half life is about 24 hours so when you take your next dose your serum peak is going to be quicker than the day before as you still have half in your system when you take your next dose?
    I'm honestly not sure about the half life of the liquid zoloft. It hits me pretty hard though and I'm only taking just a little bit. I actually was able to eat lunch today and just helped my son with his homework. ....this is actually a big deal for me. I feel so darn useless these days but I guess every small accomplishment is a big deal.

That is wonderful that even though you got a panic attack you pushed through it and kept going. You are doing really well!!!!!!!! Yes, 2-3 weeks we both should be feeling so much better. I can't wait. Thanks so much for your encouragement I was close to throwing in the towel this morning.

No I think you have done well considering your sensitive to meds and the liquid one apparently doesn't peak I think meaning you just feel the side effects straight away

I really wouldn't give up your almost there I can't wait to get to your point because the headaches are sore, and two weeks feels like a lifetime when you have kids and I think that puts pressure on you to give up but I know if I give up I will only go back to having majority of bad days anyway

How long does it take for the Sertraline to get into your system properly? em1?

Thanks worried mummy I am deffo going to stick with them just going through a really tough time at the moment hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel

I have felt like this before meds I thought propanolol were going to be the answer but they weren't so the GPS have added the Sertraline 2-4 weeks is a lifetime when your feeling ill but that's what you need to look forward to I am hoping I get to spend Christmas Day feeling normal this is my goal so giving myself time to adjust

Quote Originally Posted by worriedmummy85 View Post
    I have felt like this before meds I thought propanolol were going to be the answer but they weren't so the GPS have added the Sertraline 2-4 weeks is a lifetime when your feeling ill but that's what you need to look forward to I am hoping I get to spend Christmas Day feeling normal this is my goal so giving myself time to adjust
    Normal is something great we can all aspire to - we can get there!

Quote Originally Posted by worriedmummy85
    No I think you have done well considering your sensitive to meds and the liquid one apparently doesn't peak I think meaning you just feel the side effects straight away

I really wouldn't give up your almost there I can't wait to get to your point because the headaches are sore, and two weeks feels like a lifetime when you have kids and I think that puts pressure on you to give up but I know if I give up I will only go back to having majority of bad days anyway
    You are right! I am waiting for Christmas. ...I know by then I should be feeling good again...and I can't wait! No, I'm going to stick with it....even though yes, two weeks definitely feels like a lifetime when youve got kids....my husband is helping out though and is trying to understand that these next few weeks might be a little rough. How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by worry_10years
    How long does it take for the Sertraline to get into your system properly? em1?
    Some start to feel some positive effects after two weeks and for others it takes about four......I'm going on my second week now....