Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question Zoloft / Sertraline question!?

Hi, so I've been on Zoloft for anxiety/panic for going on 6 years now, and I've been on different doses and such, but all in all, it has been a miracle for me!

Well, about 3 weeks ago or such my doc increased my dose from 50mg to 75mg after experiencing the worst anxiety I have ever in my life out of nowhere.

It does seem to have helped a lot, but not 100%. I'm still kind of dizzy, my vision is still a little off, and I'm still having over-thinking thoughts (derealization/depersonalization). I also keep having panic episodes during the night. I also just feel generally dizzy and confused. The thing about this, is these feelings almost left for the most part about a week ago, but they seem to be returning. My question, is even though I've been on Zoloft for so long, and I've already been on this dose for 3 weeks or a bit more, could this dose still work? Should I wait longer before asking my doctor for us to try an increase in doses? And could this still be side effects (even though they seemed to lessen, then get worse again)? I'm just a super-worrier, to top it off. Everything just feels... weird. Like everything seems different and odd, and it's almost like nothing makes sense anymore? Please help, I'll be eternally grateful! xx

Yes it can be a side effect of the dose bump and some anxiety that prompted the bump anyway. I have seen the same issue with starting AD's or dose bumps in the past for me.
    Good news is these effects seem to pass quicker for someone who has been on the med for a while so hang tight. Avoid caffeine and alcohol until anxiety lessens and eat a sound diet.
    Maybe there things going on in your life right now that causing this anxiety but that not always the case. Anyway hang with the 75 mg a few more weeks if you can. PM me any time. Alankay

I'm in same boat. Was on zoloft 50 mg for 10 years and anxiety came back out of nowhere. Doc increased me to 75 mg sertraline. Been on increase for 6 weeks and still having anxiety but not as bad. Wondering if I should increase to 100 mg. Any advice from anyone?

Thanks for the reply, alankay.
    And I'm so sorry to hear that, jsrlifter.
    And I went to the doctor a few days ago and she went ahead and upped me to 100mg. I just took my 3rd dose so far a few hours ago.
    I must say that my derealization/depersonalization and anxiety have increased quite a bit, but I've heard that both can be side-effects from starting/increasing Zoloft.
    I'm going to try to take this dose for a month too before adjusting again, it's just really hard right now. :'/
    But thank you all for the responses! Best of wishes! <3

I am on day 5 of 50mg my anxiety increased but has seemed to drop quite a bit since yesterday so I am hoping 50 is going to be enough for me

Hi, worriedmummy85, I hope your Zoloft experience goes well. I'm now on day 3 of 100mg, and the brain fog is insane. :/
    But I did take 75mg for around 5 years and 50mg for a year or a bit more, and it did wonders for me! You may be able to stay on a pretty low dose, seeing as it helped me for years and years. Best of luck! <3

You guys are lightweights. The doc put me on 200mg a day at the very start (I built up to it over a period of a couple weeks).

I didn't know why he started me at the max dose, but I read that SSRI's help more with anxiety at higher doses (while lower doses seem to work for depression).

Well, 75mg worked amazing for my anxiety for years and so did 50mg for about a year. Peoples bodies respond to medication differently. I've never really had depression (unless it was feeling hopeless from anxiety).