Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My anxiety is worse week before period, (Sorry if TMI) but I am wondering if anything can be done since it obviously seems hormonal, has anyone else felt this and or been treating to help with hormonal anxiety?

I've always had OCD anxiety...but overall minor anxiety until having kids. I have a 7, 5, and 2 yr old. I think the noisiness, constant clean up, and demands for attention pushed me to a breaking point. I had a panic attack about a year ago and the anxiety has been up and down since then.

I recently had my first child back in July, a beautiful and healthy little girl. My anxiety has been on and off since I was a kid. I know how you all feel. It's a terrible feeling and lately, it has been getting in the way of me and my baby. I just can't love her the way I want because my anxiety is destroying my life. At the same time though, I don't let it bother me as much ever since I found out the fear I had was really all in my head. I still have the anxiety feelings but they're not as bad as they were a few weeks ago when I was having like 2 or more panic attacks a day. Now that I know my fear isn't real, whenever I feel panicky, I tell myself the facts and usually just goes away. My anxiety is a temporary thing. It'll bother me for a few weeks to a couple months then it'll go away like I never had it. One thing all of us suffering from anxiety need to know is that it really is all in our minds. My anxiety gets worse whenever I pay attention to the scary thoughts but when I ignore them, I feel really calm and in control. The key is to not feed the negative thoughts which I know sometime is easier said than done but once you gain control, you'll feel so much better.

Yes trying to stay more positive! Started new medication today ... nervous, excited and hopeful all at the same time!! I said a prayer and took them and now its in God's hands, I have strong faith and it helps me very much! a quote I read that I keep as the background of my phone is "When you feel like you are drowning in life, Remember that your lifeguard walks on water" please say a prayer for me as I try my new medication! I appreciate all your replies , its been a hard week! praying for you all!

I can so relate! Especially the driving part! I am 36 with two boys ages 4 & 11. My youngest started preschool and I have to drive him. What a struggle that is!! So scared of passing out behind the wheel or having an anxiety attack. I force myself to go to my oldest sons karate and school functions but I can't concentrate and it's like I am not even fully there. I feel like a horrible mom. I cancelled my parent/teacher conference today because I just couldn't bring myself to go. I know I should of went anyways because I am letting anxiety control me but there are just days I can't get my mind to realize this. I cry a lot of ties because I want to be a mom and I want to be involved but it is so hard. I can't get any meds because I have no insurance and no money because I lost my job about 6 months ago. The company closed down. I am at such a loss.

You are not alone! Have you tried talking to your sons teacher and telling her you struggle with anxiety, my son is young but have already thought about what i would do if I still feel this way, I find confiding in people really helps, I was so ashamed for so long but people are actually very helpful and it has really made me see the world differently, for example I get anxious at grocery store check out lines, especially if I have alot and someone is behind me, i went to customer service and told her about how i was feeling and she helped me there and if i ever felt like that again she would get a manager to ring me up special, I cried and thanked her so much for being so kind to me! I feel like its a dirty little secret we keep but if you had a broken leg youd ask for help opening a door right right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1595
    You are not alone! Have you tried talking to your sons teacher and telling her you struggle with anxiety, my son is young but have already thought about what i would do if I still feel this way, I find confiding in people really helps, I was so ashamed for so long but people are actually very helpful and it has really made me see the world differently, for example I get anxious at grocery store check out lines, especially if I have alot and someone is behind me, i went to customer service and told her about how i was feeling and she helped me there and if i ever felt like that again she would get a manager to ring me up special, I cried and thanked her so much for being so kind to me! I feel like its a dirty little secret we keep but if you had a broken leg youd ask for help opening a door right right?
    That is so nice and as much as we all try to hide our anxiety (which becomes frustrating and tiresome) when you do share with people, more times then not, they are caring and understanding. You should call your son's teacher and let her know you weren't feeling great and perhaps she would do the conference over the phone or something? Its tough for me too....I have two kids also . If you really truly feel like you can't do it, then don't beat yourself up over it.

Hmmm... Never really thought of that. I talk about it to friends and family but never strangers. I don't know I feel about talking to the teacher though because I already feel like a failure as a mom. How do you deal with the driving anxiety if you have to go somewhere and there is no one to take u? Like to your sons doctor appts.

Trinidiva: the thing is is that I think too much!! It's not that I am afraid of the conference, I am afraid of having an attack during the conference. I think I can do it. I was just having a really rough day tody. Hoping Monday will be a little calmer. I always have anxiety everyday, but some days are harder to push myself to do things than other days.

Quote Originally Posted by FedUp
    Hmmm... Never really thought of that. I talk about it to friends and family but never strangers. I don't know I feel about talking to the teacher though because I already feel like a failure as a mom. How do you deal with the driving anxiety if you have to go somewhere and there is no one to take u? Like to your sons doctor appts.
    You are not a failure as a mom....you are just going through a rough time, that's all. I had really bad driving anxiety too...but to be really honest with you...I had to just force myself to do it. I would leave early so I wouldn't feel rushed...and I drive a van that has a dvd system so I will usually put on a kid friendly movie to keep the kids occupied while I'm driving....so they don't fuss with each other and raise my anxiety level more. I just take my time and get there.