Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
    Thanks prettygreeneyes. I went out for a meal with some girlfriends this evening and although I wasn't looking forward to going because I've been feeling very depressed, it did me a lot of good to go and I'm very glad I did. Definitely something very positive!

Hope you are doing well!
    So pleased you went and had a great time, did your mum enjoy it?

Well today I properly started my cbt and she has decided I have gad and panic disorder rather than health anxiety. It was a very positive experience with her and helped me understand this all alot better. It's made me feel really positive also because I really think it's going to help.
    I'm pleased everyone is still finding their daily positives :-)

Yay!! So happy to see you again, Hannah!! That is my positive today: Hannah is back!! Welcome back!! And so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience at CBT today. That is great news!

Thanks for asking about last night and my Mum! She did really enjoy it. She had met these particular friends of mine before so she knew everyone. Unfortunately I woke up in the night feeling really sick and had a bad upset stomach (sorry, TMI!) I then started really panicking that I had food poisoning. It took me quite a while to calm myself down. Luckily I was able to go back to sleep eventually, but I feel shattered today and really down, and I still feel a bit queasy and generally under the weather. My Mum was fine and so were my friends, and we all ate something quite similar (since we all shared each other's dishes), so I really don't think it was food poisoning. It's just I'm so bummed that, even when I do something positive like going out with friends, I then end up paying for it. Sorry to throw a pity party!! I'm feeling very sorry for myself today!! Hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep tonight and will feel better again tomorrow.

On a more positive note, I got my hair cut today and my Mum got her hair done too. Something positive anyway!!

Hugs and positive thoughts to all!
    Last edited by tailspin; 10-24-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Really glad you finding help in cbt.....fingers crossed it helps you I had a phone call off doctors yesterday and they booked me in to see counsellor on Wednesday :/ glad it's all getting sorted but I'm actually nervous! My positive yesterday was finding the strength to exercise even though I was knackered! Whilst walking dogs someone stopped me to say how beautiful they were today's positive before I even leave the house on a horrible rainy school run is that my partner is coming home for the weekend after he's been working away all week

Hope everyone else manages a positive day......

The most positive thing I did today was open up to people on here.

I still can't face the world or get out of bed but one day at a time

It's a step in the right direction.......well done

Well done prettygreeneyes and Anxiousraven. Today I emailed my psychiatrist and told him the Lexapro doesn't seem to be working because I'm feeling so depressed. And my anxiety is still pretty high too. I said I need more help/suggestions on what to try next. Hopefully he can come up with something!
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Yey prettygreeneyes and anxiousraven that's fab.
    Joanna I'm so pleased you spoke with your phychiatrist that's definitely a step in the direction. I'm sorry your still feeling pretty down but it can only get better now I'm sure.

Struggling to find my positive today had a rubbish day, been very stressed doing alot for other people. But I had a fun evening playing cards with my two nieces and enjoyed laughing at how much of a sore loser my husband is. But my son is sleeping out tonight and I suppose I should be feeling positive about that, but I really worry when he's not here as he very rarely sleeps out. So I think tonight will be a long one :-/
    Hope everyone else has an enjoyable, positive day :-)

Quote Originally Posted by petrified View Post
    Yey prettygreeneyes and anxiousraven that's fab.
    Joanna I'm so pleased you spoke with your phychiatrist that's definitely a step in the direction. I'm sorry your still feeling pretty down but it can only get better now I'm sure.

Struggling to find my positive today had a rubbish day, been very stressed doing alot for other people. But I had a fun evening playing cards with my two nieces and enjoyed laughing at how much of a sore loser my husband is. But my son is sleeping out tonight and I suppose I should be feeling positive about that, but I really worry when he's not here as he very rarely sleeps out. So I think tonight will be a long one :-/
    Hope everyone else has an enjoyable, positive day :-)
    Sorry you've had a rubbish day, Hannah. Hugs to you!! Glad you had some fun this evening. Hope your son has a fun time at his sleepover and that he is back home again safely tomorrow full of tales about the good time he has had!

So not long after I sent the email to my psychiatrist I received an automated response telling me that he is away until November 25th!!! I don't know whether to just suck it up and wait, or whether to start all over again with a new psychiatrist. Mainly though, I don't even know what other medication to ask for since I've already tried most of them.

On a positive note, I went shopping with my my Mum this afternoon and I bought her a fun necklace with green glass beads (she was looking for something green) and I bought myself a chunky bracelet with pink and purple glass beads. It's cheap and cheerful!

(Check!
    )

Hi everyone sorry I didn't update yesterday but really struggled to find my positive. But today has been good I woke up to big bunch of flowers from my hubby and he's now cooking me a lovely Sunday lunch to celebrate the fact we have been together 12 year today :-). I'm also going out for a meal with all the parents and kids from my sons football team so looking forward to that tomorrow night.
    Hannah

The jewellery you bought with your mum sounds great Joanna I'm so pleased you both had fun picking it out :-)

I really hope everyone is having a positive day today :-)

Really glad u found your positive today! It's awful when you have a bad day....today for me started out bad, I've been put on mertazapine.....mornings are awful I'm so groggy! But once I've come round it manages my anxiety.

Today my positive was going out to visit my partners grandad on his barge. Considering I am terrified of water/drowning this was a huge achieving for me!! We then went out for a lovely carvery.

Hope everyone else found a positive today!