Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    That's great prettygreeneyes, Dave and Hannah!

I love the sound of your dogs, prettygreeneyes! We have 4 rescue dogs and they are my world!! Walking them is the best thing I do every day! Good luck with your puppy! I expect your older doggie will be able to teach him some tricks too!

Thanks for the beautiful poem and the interesting photo, Dave! I love poetry and I enjoy photography too (though I have yet to master Photoshop!!) Really glad you are finding so much enjoyment in these things!

Really glad you had a good day watching your son playing footie and catching up with the other Mums and Dads, Hannah!

I haven't done much so far today as it's still morning here. But I did make a start on some housework and I'm going to force myself to continue with that. 4 dogs make for a lot of dog hairs!!!! When I start seeing dust bunnies in the corners, I know I can't put off the cleaning any longer!!!!
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Thank you hes getting there slowly but surely! I'm also forever hoovering up with the dog hairs everywhere.....there's always something so relaxing about walking in an open field watching dogs run around! How wonderful you have 4 dogs!

I've done my stuff for today.....we ended up feeding the ducks and picking chestnuts that was lovely.....lovely early night for me before school runs and nail art course tomorrow.....positive thinking!

Enjoy your day

Thanks Joanna and prettygreeneyes, as you have both given me inspiration for tomorrow. I really must start on my housework, I'm starting to think I could make a coat from all the dog hair I have lying around lol. I can imagine with 4 it must be a nightmare lol, but there worth it! Prettygreeneyes your chestnut (conker) picking sounded like great fun, and that's my plan of action after school finishes tomorrow.I'm also looking after my five year old niece tomorrow and it's something she will enjoy too. Thanks again for the inspiration and I hope you both enjoy the rest of your day :-)

Positive ... Gave my wife a massage. Went to the park with my friend and played with his little kids. I become the owner of a Compound Bow, after my Son mistakenly ordered a right hand bow instead of a left hand. He said I could have it as a present, but it counts as one for the next five years. ... Perhaps a real positive not in the future may actually be to go out and use it at Archery range ... but that is kind of scary thinking about that atm. None the less that's three positives ... despite feeling in quite a rut today.

Best Wishes to all.

Today I woke up feeling pretty rubbish....took kids to school and grabbed a quick hour in bed to get rid of the migraine before it took hold! I feel a lot better and I'm ready to go to my nail art course this afternoon! I have always had an interest in nails and now the school my children attend have been running an afternoon course with a crèche for younger children for free! I went last week and suprised myself on how much I enjoyed it and how relaxing it was! So I'm off again today they are running a variety of afternoon courses throughout the year and I intend on attending the creative sided ones! now my youngest is almost ready for full time school next year it's time for me to make something of my life to make my kids and my supportive partner proud of me......

Today I am determined to realise what I have got instead of what I haven't got.....despite the rain that's decided to take hold I will smile today!

Thanks for this thread it's helped me realise a lot just through writing things down!

Have a lovely day everyone

Hi everyone! Nice you gave your wife a massage, Dave! And got a gift from you son! Prettygreeneyes, I love the sound of your nail art class! I like getting pedicures (I'm not patient enough to have a manicure!!) and the nail lady usually does a beautiful design on my big toes! It's amazing what can be done! Really glad you are enjoying the class!!

I've been feeling really depressed the last few days and today started off really badly. I just wanted to hide under my bed all day and doing anything, especially making friendly conversation, felt like the most enormous effort. I hate feeling like this so much. Especially because my Mum is here visiting and I need to do things with her. Today I started getting irritated with her because I was just so exhausted and didn't have anything to give. But then I felt even worse afterwards. Anyhow, then I was just really honest with her about how bad I was feeling. And that actually helped a lot. Even though she doesn't have depression herself, so she doesn't know first hand what it feels like, she does try to understand. And it just helped to be honest with her about how I'm feeling. And that made me feel a bit better! So that was my positive today: Being honest about how bad I'm feeling to people who I care about and who care about me!

Wishing everyone well. And really hope to see you again very soon, Hannah!!! xxxxx
    Last edited by tailspin; 10-21-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Ok so today I finally went to doctors and have been prescribed anti depressants and referral to a counsellor.....then this afternoon we had parents evening.....I'm absolutely bursting with pride of my daughters achievements!!! She's mature and articulate, and extremely clever.....apart from talking to much she's pretty much perfect....if that's not a positive thing to experience today I don't know what is! All that hard work has paid off 😊 so happy!!!!

Hope everyone else has had a fantastic positive day!!

Quote Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
    Ok so today I finally went to doctors and have been prescribed anti depressants and referral to a counsellor.....then this afternoon we had parents evening.....I'm absolutely bursting with pride of my daughters achievements!!! She's mature and articulate, and extremely clever.....apart from talking to much she's pretty much perfect....if that's not a positive thing to experience today I don't know what is! All that hard work has paid off �� so happy!!!!

Hope everyone else has had a fantastic positive day!!
    Hi prettygreeneyes! That's great you've been referred for counseling. Really hope the anti-depressants help too! Yay to your daughter! Sounds like a very good day all round! Wishing you many more of the same!!

(Check!
    )

Thank you very proud mum today! Fingers crossed tomorrow's all good as well! Hope you have a lovely day as well

Thanks prettygreeneyes. I went out for a meal with some girlfriends this evening and although I wasn't looking forward to going because I've been feeling very depressed, it did me a lot of good to go and I'm very glad I did. Definitely something very positive!

Hope you are doing well!

(Check!
    )