Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Hi Dave, Hannah and Hope, Good going!!! Thanks again for this thread, Dave. It really helps. Especially on a day like today when my mood is really low. Depression is bad today and everything feels like wading through treacle. Still have my Mum here visiting so forcing myself to do a few things with her, but everything feels like a huge effort. Talk about procrastinating, Hope! I am really procrastinating on something, and I know that's partly why I feel so depressed today because it's getting to the point where I can't procrastinate anymore but, equally, I just don't feel able to do this thing. Ugh!!! Anyhow, well done for doing all your paperwork, Hope!!

On a positive note, I emailed a couple of girlfriends and set up a date to go out for a meal next Wednesday at a restaurant we really like. I'll take my Mum too and I told her about it and she is looking forward to it. So even though it's not happening today, I did initiate it today, so that's going to be my positive!!
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
    Hi Dave, Hannah and Hope, Good going!!! Thanks again for this thread, Dave. It really helps. Especially on a day like today when my mood is really low. Depression is bad today and everything feels like wading through treacle. Still have my Mum here visiting so forcing myself to do a few things with her, but everything feels like a huge effort. Talk about procrastinating, Hope! I am really procrastinating on something, and I know that's partly why I feel so depressed today because it's getting to the point where I can't procrastinate anymore but, equally, I just don't feel able to do this thing. Ugh!!! Anyhow, well done for doing all your paperwork, Hope!!

On a positive note, I emailed a couple of girlfriends and set up a date to go out for a meal next Wednesday at a restaurant we really like. I'll take my Mum too and I told her about it and she is looking forward to it. So even though it's not happening today, I did initiate it today, so that's going to be my positive!!
    I'm sorry you had such a bad day Joanna, it's horrible feeling so down :-( it's good you have your mum there you seem like you both have a great relationship. It's great you manage it with having such the big distance between you. I suppose it makes you treasure that time you spend together all the more. Hope you have a great day on Wednesday and its something to look forward too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by petrified View Post
    I'm sorry you had such a bad day Joanna, it's horrible feeling so down :-( it's good you have your mum there you seem like you both have a great relationship. It's great you manage it with having such the big distance between you. I suppose it makes you treasure that time you spend together all the more. Hope you have a great day on Wednesday and its something to look forward too :-)
    Thank you, Hannah!!! I do really treasure the time I get to spend with my Mum. She comes to visit us once a year and she stays for 6 weeks. The only problem with that is that 6 weeks is quite a long time and I inevitably have bad periods during that time and even though my Mum knows all about my issues and she is very understanding, it's still difficult because I want to be on good form for her and on some days I just can't be and then I feel guilty, which makes it worse!! Plus, she doesn't really get it about the anxiety or the depression because she doesn't understand WHY I feel like that. She keeps telling me what a nice life I have. And I do in many ways. But still, I'm anxious and depressed a lot. Also, I haven't been back to England to visit my Mum in 6 years now (because I've developed a phobia of flying and also because I can't stand to leave my dogs, even for a short time). Even though my Mum doesn't really give me a hard time about not having been back to England in so long, she does mention it and I know she is sad that I haven't been back. So I have a lot of guilt floating around!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this nice positive thread!! It's still morning here so I haven't done anything positive yet. I will work on it and try and write a brief account of something positive I've managed to do by the end of today!

Wishing everyone else a good day! xxxx
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post

Thank you, Hannah!!! I do really treasure the time I get to spend with my Mum. She comes to visit us once a year and she stays for 6 weeks. The only problem with that is that 6 weeks is quite a long time and I inevitably have bad periods during that time and even though my Mum knows all about my issues and she is very understanding, it's still difficult because I want to be on good form for her and on some days I just can't be and then I feel guilty, which makes it worse!! Plus, she doesn't really get it about the anxiety or the depression because she doesn't understand WHY I feel like that. She keeps telling me what a nice life I have. And I do in many ways. But still, I'm anxious and depressed a lot. Also, I haven't been back to England to visit my Mum in 6 years now (because I've developed a phobia of flying and also because I can't stand to leave my dogs, even for a short time). Even though Mum doesn't really give me a hard time about not having been back to England in so long, she does mention it and I know she is sad that I haven't been back. So I have a lot of guilt floating around!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this nice positive thread!! It's still morning here so I haven't done anything positive yet. I will work on it and try and write a brief account of something positive I've managed to do by the end of today!

Wishing everyone else a good day! xxxx
    Well I've had a jam packed day of being a football mam and my sons personal chauffeur. But I had a nice chat with the mams at dancing as there competition is coming up in November and its all exciting. They are going to regain there title as uk national street cheer champions I no already hehe.

Hi Joanna, I can understand how you feel six weeks is a long time to put a front on. I think even people without anxiety would struggle there. I think our depression and anxiety makes us feel if we aren't happy and upbeat all the time it's the worst thing in the world. I understand why you feel guilty not visiting home but perhaps you can make that a goal for the future. Your mum does sound like a lovely lady and supportive in her own way. I'm sure she truly understands why going home would be difficult for you. My dogs like my baby I hate leaving him too lol. Hope you have a great day today and you've always got Wednesday to look forward too :-)

Hi guys. Can I start suing your names too. Otherwise I will get confused.
    No prob Tailspin .... Talk about whatever makes you feel better. I try to respect the OP, however if the spin heads in a different direction ... then so be it, if such helps people connect. Well that's how I feel about, although one should expect the occasional jolt from others less understanding and or rightly so. I don't know.

I just hope things work out well for both you and your mum. Tall order from the perspective you give, but none the less, you sound like a real trooper to me, as does your mum.

Hi pertified ...... busy busy busy ... Nice to meet another taxi driver ... lol hope all is well.

Hi Hope ... I know how that can feel ... I try to remind myself how great it feels to get the work out of the way. Thanks heaps for sharing that! It really helps me to keep focused. So far, tailspins post about her mum, have promted me to call mine and pertified reminds me a lot about keep moving ... now you have helped me remember what it is like to get the work out of the way.

Hope.

Thanks for the kind words and support, Dave and Hannah!

Glad you had a good and busy day, Hannah!

Went to the Farmer's Market earlier and then on for a nice dog walk with my Mum, my husband and the dogs. My mood is still really low but it definitely helps to get out and about. And to come here too, of course!!

Thanks again!

Joanna

(Check!
    )

Hey guys!

Even though most days I just wana curl up in bed all day being a mum to 2 children one who's 7 one who's 3 a step son aged 3 and 2 Labradors one who's 8 and one we rescued not long back who's now 1 it always gives me something to get up for! Walking the dogs alone for an hour in the morning helps me clear me head (if only for a little while!) especially now it's getting cold! We are trying to train the puppy after almost a year of him being able to do what he wants lol! When he finally learns a command it gives me satisfaction I've done something fantastic by rescuing him when someone else couldn't be bothered! Most weekends weather permitting in the good old uk we take the kids for a walk round lakes and fees the ducks.

When I write it down I can see how lucky I am but when I think about it I feel like I have nothing or the world is against me!

Without my dysfunctional family of daft dogs and crazy kids id probably be a million times worse.....I should remember this everyday!

Really hope you all find something positive to pick you up today

LOL Prettygreeneyes .... Thanks for joining us. That's inspiring about your walking. I do much prefer winter myself. Best of luck with the puppy training.

Today I got rid of my stuff we do not need to help lighten the load when we move in the coming months. After that I got a bit creative in photoshop and later came across an interesting Peom to match it. I was really taken back that the poem was written over two hundred years ago!

If may show:

The World with Us by L_Plate_Dave, on Flickr

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
    Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;—
    Little we see in Nature that is ours;
    We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
    This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
    The winds that will be howling at all hours,
    And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers;
    For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
    It moves us not. Great God! I’d rather be
    A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
    So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
    Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
    Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
    Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn.

By William Wordsworth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wor...o_Much_with_Us
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

I like photography and you can see that at my flikr account there, but I am really having fun with pictures and words of late. I'd really like to learn more about Poetry, but struggle with taking things in. I've also got to polish up on my photo shop skills, but it's all coming in to place. Today's effort has really helped me get more of a grasp on many things that have been spinning in my head for some time. I realize the poem may be conflicting for some beliefs and also appear somewhat depressive ... but its not. If anything It helps one to see the conflict that many of us struggle with ... especially finding balance. For me Disconnecting is not such a bad thing and often misunderstood when I raise the subject. I believe this picture shows my context well. Again, my friend when we go camping struggles very much when he has no cellphone or internet signal. I can really see the tension in him begin to grow. I like how the girl is practicing there some much needed mediation free from distraction, whilst yet surrounded by a world that yearns to be plugged in.

It's hard for me to explain and I don't want to go on any longer then I always do ... The picture is busy, but so too are most people more than they like to admit.

So that's if for me today. I found and interesting Poet I'm now reading about and feel kind of pleased that people way back then also felt like me.

Hope others had a good day to, if not ... feel free to share that too.
    Last edited by Ponder; 10-20-2013 at 02:06 AM.

I think it's lovely to connect with something or someone.....it was a lovely poem as well......I don't mind cold frosty sunny morning's I just don't like the wind and rain we seem to be having!

We are going for a walk round the lake complete with wellies just to get some fresh air!

Really hope you have a lovely day

Hi everyone, hope everyone is having a great day. My positive from today is that I went to watch my son play football (I even drove there hehe). Even though he got beat 9-1 I didn't panic as I usually do and I enjoyed catching up with all the parents. We are planning taking them all on a mini holiday after the season finishes, which is something to look forward too. :-)