Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Hi guys had a pretty hectic few days! We went to tattoo show Saturday, it was awesome storm troopers and walking zombies! Along with some amazing artists tattooing! I came away with many new ideas on my next art work and a couple of artists I will be travelling for a piece of art work by them oh and a lovely new 50's style headscarf! I then had a day off being mummy Sunday while my children spent the day with their nana! This week my golden lab who's 1 has decided to start chewing again! We rescued him and thought he had finally grown out of it! No such luck at all love him to pieces but he's testing me this week lol! My other lab who is 8 never chewed! Monday I learnt how to make soaps.......it was lovely course and I'm looking forward to the next one to hopefully learn how to make lip balms!

Hope everyone is ok? Haven't had chance to read through all the posts but I will later on

Pretty do not be concerned it is just temporary chewing. Around one year of age they get their last molars, this is why they do chewing. The best way to give the dog relieve; a piece of frozen fabric to chew, the swelling will go down. Later one he is not going to chew anything ) I love dogs, lab was my last dog.

Thank you dahlia.....I have an 8 year old black lab and she was never really a chewer but my oh my is this one!! Il try the frozen fabric thank you for your advice! I love labs as well they are so loyal! I have a black one and a golden one.....best dogs for families

I had one for over 12 years, she died in my arms, she could not walk anymore. I loved her so much I do not want to have another dog. You could wet the fabric with something good smelling. I was judging and breeding dogs in Europe and in Canada for well over 20 years. I went with everything the dog can do). My specialty is German boxer. After i lost my favorite to pancreas cancer, I got lab, black pure breed Labrador. When I compare training (I have o years of experience in this subject: dog are as smart as their owners) boxers and labradors, it is incredible. The first ones are stubborn and you need to put a lot of firm request and repeats and repeats. Labradors are like people, they are so responding, training them is a pleasure. So easy, I thought my Keyla so many tricks, people thought she understand language, never noticing my body movement, Dog did it) I have many passions and hobbies, too many but the dogs; breeding, training them that my first and most important passion. I love them dearly. Horses too.

Wow that's amazing! So would you have any tips on how to train my younger one? My 8 year old black lab is a bitch and seemed to be trained in no time at all! I had her from 12 weeks old. Then we rescued rudi around April time he was 7 months old and had no training what so ever. I've tried same things as I did with Skye but he seems to be good for a while then reverts back, we can't let him off the lead because he won't come back if he's not ready to come home, Skye's trained that well I actually wouldn't have to use a lead! I refuse to give up on him! We even got him neutered but he's still as crazy! He's so loving though and we won't give up on him or is it the old saying you never get two dogs the same?

You need to start from the beginning pretty, small steps, what is the story behind him. Was he abused, kept in cage. all the info is important
    Got to go to work I will check the topic later

Just left to do what he wanted in an extremely small garden in the day and caged in a tiny cage if they went out. They fed him so he wasn't abused they just couldn't handle him! Thank you have a great day!

Walked for 10 minutes outside ... now have a watch to aid in living, amongst such a timely world. LONG way to go.

This makes me laugh because last night I started and like within 3 minutes in to my walk is belted sown with hard rain, which had me running home under hail stones nearing two inches thick. After I stormed through our front gate and belted out my own choice words at the top my lungs --- I could not believe how sore my heard and hands were. I actually had skin ripped off just below one of my knuckles. I had no idea just how dangerous a hail storm can be for people caught out in one.

LOL @ my pessimism of late followed up with this storm as I ventured out to begin taking back what control I could. My wife asked why I did not take cover - guess I did not feel welcome going through someones gates and also all the barking dogs people have.
    Take care guys ... will try to do another 10 minutes later in the afternoon. Very unfit ... and need to do something about it so I can move when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
    Just left to do what he wanted in an extremely small garden in the day and caged in a tiny cage if they went out. They fed him so he wasn't abused they just couldn't handle him! Thank you have a great day!
    People do not realize how tough is male lab. They need firm hand. My advice is to price him when he does good, forget about punishing, it is the easiest way to get awful dog. What I did was, when my girl (barker, chewer, and digger) started to chew on something, I took her attention from the thingy with that huge rope, with the knots. She loved it and she loved the yellow friesbie. After weeks of patience and keeping her occupied she got the idea, what I want. Her shelter was the open cage, she knew that in cage she is save It was enough for me to frown, to get her into cage. Pretty you really need to put some attention on this dog. Males do not want to learn from females, they respect the age of dog but they usually do not cooperate. When you see him trying to chew something or whatever bad behavior he shows, it that moment spray him with water. Just water, I know they like to swim. It was the only way to stop my Keyla from excessive barking. Spray, she closed her eyes hehe and the mouth. Later I did not even need the bottle, just the sign with my fingers. Try it, you will not be disappointed. The simplest things do the trick. you should upload the pics of them , please Avoid the cage, he does not have a good connection with the cage. There will be time for cage, when he feels save. He is a young dog and you can teach him to behave properly, which is a blessing for the owner of dogs . Oh like children every dog is different with different personality

Ponder I answered and I accidentally deleted it, I hope your next walk is going to be more satisfying.