Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

List Something Positive You Did Today?

Depression and Procrastination are a deadly combination for me. The only way I can stop thinking negatively is by doing some things, some times. I'd really like to build a routine other than my morning and evening meds. So on that note ... it's off the computer and onto something productive I know I can get done ... Little bit by Little Bit.

Wishing you well.
    Dave.

Hi Dave, Thanks for starting such a positive thread. It's so easy to overlook the positives in our day because our minds are used instead to homing straight in on and clinging to the negatives (or at least mine is). The positives may be small sometimes, but they all add up and it's good to celebrate them. Thanks for creating a place here where we can do that! Hope you are having a productive day and I'll look forward to reading about it.

My positive today is that I took my Mum (who is visiting me from England right now) to get our nails done. It was just a simple thing but it was fun and frivolous and something I don't get to do with my Mum all that much because I don't see her very often.
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

I got two days worth of dishes done and also some groceries. Tomorrow I hope to stack some shed stuff on the back of my utility vehicle as part of the moving process.

I am very pleased for you tailspin! I think I will go ring my mum ... it's been some time.

I spent time with my son and teenage niece and nephew. I took them all out to dinner as all the schools are shut with the teachers on strike. It was lovely spending time with them and hearing what they have been up too. Thanks for the thread :-)

Hi Ponder and petrified! Good job on your positive activities!!

My positive today is that I took my Mum and our dogs to the beach and we spent a lovely couple of hours paddling in the surf and sitting in the sun and throwing the frisbee for the dogs. It was very relaxing! Having my Mum here is definitely good for me as it makes me get out and about more.
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Hi Guys ... I have to admit that today has been rather inactive, however to list one positive ... that would be going out to the shops with my wife and bumping into an old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Hi Guys ... I have to admit that today has been rather inactive, however to list one positive ... that would be going out to the shops with my wife and bumping into an old friend.
    That's definitely a positive! Also, you posted that great pic of you and your dog!

(Check!
    )

Thanks Tailspin ... quite right. The day has only just begun for me, but just wanted to show some gratitude. I only hope more people are able to see the benefit in looking towards the light. It's easy to talk with our eyes closed, but not quite as when just waking up. So far I was able to wake up and get our of bed with out having to orientate myself for several seconds. Happy that I have bee able to get onto of my timing.

Wishing you and everyone else a few moments of peace through out day if not all of it.

PS ... How's things petrified? I'm off to check the word game and make breakfast.

I usually procrastinate when it comes to do my paperwork and that stress me out. Today I sat in front of the computer and did almost all my reports from the last three weeks. I feel so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Thanks Tailspin ... quite right. The day has only just begun for me, but just wanted to show some gratitude. I only hope more people are able to see the benefit in looking towards the light. It's easy to talk with our eyes closed, but not quite as when just waking up. So far I was able to wake up and get our of bed with out having to orientate myself for several seconds. Happy that I have bee able to get onto of my timing.

Wishing you and everyone else a few moments of peace through out day if not all of it.

PS ... How's things petrified? I'm off to check the word game and make breakfast.
    Hi dave, I'm doing ok trying to keep busy I'm pleased your having better days too. Just checked the time of your reply, our time zones must be way off lol. You were making breakfast while I was settling down to sleep. I think I have a slight addiction to the word games on here hehe :-)