Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Tailspin quote makes me smile every time i see it. Ponder you winning the battles, I am all with you. I had situation that my landlord (government townhouses) forced me to pay back more than 1500 $. If it was not for my daughter who paid it for me, I would end on the street. Maybe i should fight like you do. Right now we have house full of papers connected to the insurance claim. Every piece of paper must be copied and filed. I thought about same kind of system to file it. It is so much of papers that we are lost sometimes.
    I am happy you got some back payments, it will help
    Children, oh children. I love mine with all my heart. Yesterday i went to Xmas concert to my granddaughter school. Her happiness to see grandma and waving her small hands all the time to me, just made my heart full of happiness, so much it hurts My baby girl (her mom) is all right i hope. I was impressed with kids singing hymn, it was beautiful, it got me thinking. I reacted to it like I did in old country, when you sing it. I feel kind of confused, it feels like this is home and over there is home.
    Tailspin how it is for you?

Hi guys!! Great to see you again, Dave! Especially since you have some really positive news! Well done for not letting the bastards grind you down!!! It is excellent to hear that you have received a back payment (I can only imagine how hard it was to get them to send you that!!) Great to hear also that you can get out of your lease early and move out of the city. Sounds like you are heading out to nature tomorrow for a couple of days with your son? That can only be a good thing!

How is Maximus doing? Also, you mention a tribe of dogs? Do you have more? You'll have to post a pic some time.

Dahlia, I'm sorry you are having this ongoing stress concerning a payment you were forced to pay back to your landlord. Fighting insurance claims - or any kind of government or official bureaucracy - is really exhausting. I really admire Dave for his stamina.

So glad you had a fun time at your granddaughter's Xmas concert, Dahlia! That sounds wonderful!! I know what you mean when you say that you feel that where you live now is home, but also, the old country is home too! Even though I have lived in California for many years now and I have had US citizenship for a long time, I do not consider myself an American. England will always be my home and I always think of myself as English. And yet, obviously, this is where I live and I am married to an American and I love many things about living here. I have to say, I think of California as it's own country. I am English first, and a Californian second!! :-)

Hi Amber and Jerilyn and Terre Nova too! And anyone else who posts in this thread!

My positives today: I made an appointment yesterday with my OB/GYN to talk about some issues I'm having as I approach menopause. My appointment is in half an hour so I'll be leaving soon. I guess I don't know yet whether the appointment will be positive or not! But I know I need to address some issue and so I feel like it's positive that I'm going to this appointment. I kind of feel like, since my hormones are so out of whack, any psychiatric medication I take is bound to miss the mark to a large extent. Anyhow, I'll see how I get on!

Hugs to all! xxxx
    Last edited by tailspin; 12-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
    Hi guys!! Great to see you again, Dave! Especially since you have some really positive news! Well done for not letting the bastards grind you down!!! It is excellent to hear that you have received a back payment (I can only imagine how hard it was to get them to send you that!!) Great to hear also that you can get out of your lease early and move out of the city. Sounds like you are heading out to nature tomorrow for a couple of days with your son? That can only be a good thing!

How is Maximus doing? Also, you mention a tribe of dogs? Do you have more? You'll have to post a pic some time.

Dahlia, I'm sorry you are having this ongoing stress concerning a payment you were forced to pay back to your landlord. Fighting insurance claims - or any kind of government or official bureaucracy - is really exhausting. I really admire Dave for his stamina.

So glad you had a fun time at your granddaughter's Xmas concert, Dahlia! That sounds wonderful!! I know what you mean when you say that you feel that where you live now is home, but also, the old country is home too! Even though I have lived in California for many years now and I have had US citizenship for a long time, I do not consider myself an American. England will always be my home and I always think of myself as English. And yet, obviously, this is where I live and I am married to an American and I love many things about living here. I have to say, I think of California as it's own country. I am English first, and a Californian second!! :-)

Hi Amber and Jerilyn and Terre Nova too! And anyone else who posts in this thread!

My positives today: I made an appointment yesterday with my OB/GYN to talk about some issues I'm having as I approach menopause. My appointment is in half an hour so I'll be leaving soon. I guess I don't know yet whether the appointment will be positive or not! But I know I need to address some issue and so I feel like it's positive that I'm going to this appointment. I kind of feel like, since my hormones are so out of whack, any psychiatric medication I take is bound to miss the mark to a large extent. Anyhow, I'll see how I get on!

Hugs to all! xxxx
    Good luck Tailspin <3

Thanks, Terre Nova!! I got on ok . Though, unfortunately, after talking at length with the OB/GYN it really doesn't look as though Hormone Replacement Therapy is an option for me. Not only does it carry increased health risks (which I already knew about) but, apparently, HRT is most helpful for things like hot flashes and night sweats - which I don't really suffer from - and not helpful with mood disorders. So I guess I'll just have to keep plugging away with psychiatric meds and therapy on that front!!

I did have an interesting experience with my anxiety at the appointment today though. (And sorry in advance if this is TMI!!!) But, anyhow, one reason why I went to see the OB/GYN was because of irregular bleeding. Obviously that is very often a common symptom of approaching menopause. But anyhow, the OB/GYN said that, to be on the safe side, she'd like to do a biopsy. There and then, if I was ok with that.

Well, naturally, my anxiety kicked in!! (I should mention that I have never been pregnant or given birth (obviously!) so, unlike most women, I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to medical professionals poking around down there inflicting pain!) Anyhow, I asked her a lot of questions about what the biopsy would involve and she told me in great deal and I quickly started down the whole road of, well, actually, could I please go away and think about it because I'm kind of an anxious person and maybe it would be better for me to come back at a later date more prepared for the appointment (in other words, with an Ativan!!!) etc. Even though I know that is the worst thing to do - ie, go away and think about something you're scared of!)

At any rate, the doctor just looked at me and said, of course I understand that you might want to think about it, but, I do wonder why you think you can't handle it? At first I thought, well, matey, that's easy for you to say, you with your total lack of Anxiety Disorder, and I sort of bristled and thought, right, I'm not coming back to see this doctor again! And then I thought, oh, FFS, Joanna, just put your big girl pants on (or rather, take them off for a minute, so she can do this thing!) and get this over with.

And I'm SO glad I did!!!! The doctor was actually brilliant and I swear I had the gentlest biopsy ever!! Now, of course I'm nervous whilst waiting for the results (I must not google endometrial cancer!!!!), but I'm so glad I just went ahead and had the biopsy then and there, rather than coming away and getting myself all worked up over it.

It actually felt very empowering.

Someone said this to me in another thread here too. Sometimes the best thing we can do for our anxiety is to kind of trick ourselves by just doing the thing we're scared of spontaneously, before we have too much time to think!!

Sorry to write so much!!
    Last edited by tailspin; 12-12-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Remember, you only live once. That's why it's so important to spend at least 15 hours a day on the internet seeking validation from total strangers - Chris Rock

(Check!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    )

Very interesting post Tailspin. Gentle biopsy. I thought something like that exist till I met dr Osher. The B**** was the worst ever. Anyway, my biopsy came back clean and so will yours. I have a good feeling about it. We women are very complicated creature physically and mentally. There is a lot which can cause irregular bleeding and not to be cancer. Do not google, take care of your babies. The best therapy are they. I swear that my dog always knew when something was going on with a member of the family; very small family though. My daughter, son and I. Daddy was not involved much in their upbringing. Anyway, do the dogs act strange with you? Probably not so you are ok) Stop worrying my favorite British lady)

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    Very interesting post Tailspin. Gentle biopsy. I thought something like that exist till I met dr Osher. The B**** was the worst ever. Anyway, my biopsy came back clean and so will yours. I have a good feeling about it. We women are very complicated creature physically and mentally. There is a lot which can cause irregular bleeding and not to be cancer. Do not google, take care of your babies. The best therapy are they. I swear that my dog always knew when something was going on with a member of the family; very small family though. My daughter, son and I. Daddy was not involved much in their upbringing. Anyway, do the dogs act strange with you? Probably not so you are ok) Stop worrying my favorite British lady)
    Thank you, Dahlia!!!! xxxxxxx

(Check!
    )

I fed a squirrel.

I know this sounds a little childish, but I haven't done it since I was about 5!!! A big past time of mine. My mum used to take me to feed them. She nicknamed our park squirrel park. When I told the teacher what I'd done over the weekend, she could never figure out what a squirrel park was. Hehe.

I just saw some monkey nuts in the shop for 50p, and got the urge to do it. I think that's the problem when you get older. Youve seen and done so much. There's rarely any of that raw excitement you see in kids. I must admit, it was satisfying and nice to reminisce! I went to a similar spot to where I went at 5. Almost 20 years ago now. Wow. If only that 5 year old knew what was waiting down the line :O... He'd have never left the park!!!

London's tolerable in the winter. Parks and walkways are empty. They become some serene. I think people must think I'm a little mad when it's wet, and cold, and I'm just sitting on a bench, contemplating life.

I must admit, I did wait until nobody was looking until I fed Mr Squirrel. Another thing that sucks about getting older, you begin caring what people think!! Ah.

Oh well, Mr Squirrel certainly didn't care. He seemed a lot more peaceful than I did too. I'm sure there's a lesson for me to learn there somewhere !!!!

Enjoyable weekend to you all!

I used to feed the squirrels in my back yard and they'd grab the peanut butter sandwich outta my hand and just sit there and eat it. They must communicate pretty well because I had one, named Jenny (Forrest Gump) and then a couple weeks later there were as many as 8, and battles, and chasing, and I had never seen a squirrel fall from a tree until then either. About 25' feet. Hit the ground, got up and took off. Wait, I SHOULD HAVE inserted something gorey there for fun!

Anyway Jesse, I "domesticated" alot of them and they lost their "instinctual" skills after the winter months...I live on a busy street. You can figure out the rest....(sigh)

Older?....LMAO!!! What like 24!!! HAAAHAAAHA!!!

Sorry, what did I do that was positive today?

I prepared a report to an investigator to remove the feet of as many as 6 drug using/dealing/dopers off the streets of my community aqap.

I may have saved a life er two...that's the point.

Have a great day!

• I packed some of my camping gear away
    • I recovered from trip
    • I went for a WALK
    • I am back on my Meds

Took my cat for a walk