Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Missing the Old Christmas

This is my favorite season, but somehow, these holidays gave me further loneliness and depression. I miss the old celebrations where we spend time with family and friends, all happy and not care about getting infected by any virus. Video calls got us through the celebration, but it was nothing like being with our loved ones physically. How did you guys spend Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmCamille View Post
    This is my favorite season, but somehow, these holidays gave me further loneliness and depression. I miss the old celebrations where we spend time with family and friends, all happy and not care about getting infected by any virus. Video calls got us through the celebration, but it was nothing like being with our loved ones physically. How did you guys spend Christmas?
    Missing the old celebrations too, but we have no choice. This is all we could do to help to prevent the spread of the virus. I have a relative who is a health worker and she said it's extremely exhausting for them. We spent Christmas as usual but only with our household.

I guess you're right. This couldn't be the worst in history. So I'm not going to complain anymore. It was just lonely, but let's just hope for better days. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0239698 Check out this link from PLoS. It's good.

Thanks for sharing that. I wasn't able to finish the whole thing though. We feel lonely when we are not happy with ourselves I guess. As much as possible, I try to do things that will keep me from thinking negatively.

You are right. Maybe this pandemic is all about self-love. I hope people will understand that this is not just a pandemic to harm us. There's much to learn from this if we set aside all the none sense.

You are right. Maybe this pandemic is all about self-love. I hope people will understand that this is not just a pandemic to harm us. There's much to learn from this if we set aside all the none sense.
    I totally agree, Camille!

I guess you're right. This couldn't be the worst in history. So I'm not going to complain anymore. It was just lonely, but let's just hope for better days. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0239698 Check out this link from PLoS. It's good.
    I refuse to feed the articles by accrediting them re the source. Drama is drama. Instead I used my time to checked with my daughter who is not only in the UK but also separated from her family in Australia. Whilst the UK is prepping or now back in the 1st wave lockdown phase, she assures me that she is doing well. She too does not allow herself to be directed by newspaper and internet articles. Instead she is keeping in good with her workplace which outsource food and still able to function despite a revisit to the orifical strict lockdown rules. It's been over a year since we have seen our daughter and although our daughter wants to come home and Australia now refusing international flights; she is keeping her spirits up using social media for good, instead of hype. Only extreme cases aloud back into the country with many articles fanning the drama of homeless overseas Australians. We have been playing more online games than every before and the bond between us all stronger then ever before.

Watch Death to 2020. A Netflix watch. I love how it is said for one that she has never before enjoyed so much peace. For context you'll have to watch. I say be careful what you choose to beleive when it comes to said reports. I'm not doubting the figures, but I am questioning the fanning that does more to create the core of the story; that media and people thrive on telling.

Xmas this year for us was no worse than any other year before. In some ways it has been better. We miss our daughter and figure it will be at least another year and who knows, maybe things will get a lot worse. What will happen will happen. We refuse to let that ruin the here and now. What matters is what and how we deal with now. If anyone over in the UK should be one of them statistics it should be her. Thankfully she is not ... therefore you don't have to get disheartened because of what you read. Doing so only feeds the numbers.

Be careful what wolf you feed.

Is short - to answer your question ... Mostly better than before. We are a lot closer despite the separation.

We also did a lot of video calls last year during the holidays. Hopefully, it will be different this year now that the vaccine is out. However, there is a lot of negative news about it that makes me think twice about getting it. I know I'm going to get it sooner or later unless there's a miracle of herd immunity.

Me, too. I'm quite hesitant to get the vaccine. But I don't know what we should do or how we'll continue with our daily lives especially those who are working. Would it be mandatory?
    Last edited by IAmCamille; 01-21-2021 at 04:17 AM.

I'm quite hesitant; as well.