Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Salvator, I agree with you that while staying in bed all day isn't good, it is the only real way to cope at times.

Years ago when I was in the mental hospital, at first during one stay there, I stayed in bed much of the time because I was afraid that if I got up and out of bed, it would make me feel even worse.

I got up this morning and went for long walk. Somewhere in between the hours playing on my PC, I did the kitchen, washed and hung out everyone's clothes and made dinner for both myself and the little one. I also went out to give assistance during the day by way of moral support. The thing is ... I mostly just remember playing on my computer regardless of the list.

pickles for winter a bushel of cucambers I am taking care of small dog and this is nice
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks Mike for saying that. Did you ever notice how hard is becomes to get out of bed the next day and outside after even 1 day of laying in bed stuck in the house.. can easily compound the problem and worsen and snowball into full on agoraphobia for me if I let it. 1 day turns into 2 - into a week or more if not careful. I also don't usually do very well going inpatient either. I understand that very well.

I sometimes have a hard time getting out of bed if I think I'm going to have a bad day.

If I think I'm going to have a rough day, I often want to sleep in instead. Not all day, but still.

I often have the same reaction. I force myself to get up, do some exercise, and go to work -- because I know that is good for me, instead of lying around. But sometimes it is VERY hard.

Maybe it would be easier if lived in Maine -- Mike I an envious of you living in such a nice place -- of course, I don't know where in Maine you live -- but the places I have been were great -- at least in the nice weather!

I like Maine as well, Kuma. I also like living in Maine. Although our winters are harsh, I generally like the weather we have here, the crime rate is low, and it's a beautiful state, I think.

What I did today that was positive was purchasing a can of cream of celery soup at the grocery store. Then I went home and had soup and sandwich for lunch. Yum!

Having a good tasting meal can be therapeutic to me.

What I did that was positive today is volunteer at the food pantry this morning and then a library later in the morning.

Now I'm home and am just relaxing.

Positive, I asked my partner; nicely asked to stop pissing me off in the morning
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore