Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    I subscribed to this forum, got some things off my chest and was motivated enough to go for a long walk when I got home from work...baby steps

That's awesome! You've reminded me, that I need to go for one as well. I started walking a couple of weeks ago, and have to say, although tired with my meds and getting up in general - the walking really helps me to wake up.
    Take care ... hope to see you around aussie.

Yeah, what's up?

I got some SUNSHINE! ... http://www.sunshinevitamin.org/

I envy you, I need to put a lot of sunblock on my face because of actinic keratosis which is connected to my love for Sun I had easy ride home, the road clear, and I forgot to take my clonazepam today, that's positive thing

Sun Screen is now reported to be as much a threat - as the sun. People hide from the Sun as if it's their enemy. In their quest to live forever they hide indoors, in the the shade anywhere where the suns rays cannot reach. Media sensationalism marketing millions on more products. (No disrespect to your condition and especially your efforts to make your own creams) Australia has probably one of the worlds highest skin caner rates. Sun Exposure -> yet another relative factor highly miss understood. I understand your need with respect to susceptibility as you explain it. I wear a hat most of the time. It's not a pretty hat, but more one that is practical and protects me on all sides. I also wear sunglasses to protect my eyes, yet take them off at certain times of the day to absorb more than I otherwise would not. I like to think of it like plants, that like sun at different times of the day, not always direct sun at that - but fearing the sun whilst even in the shade, is pretty much how most folks are now raised. Sunlight deficiency is now more cause for concern than what your local sunscreen council would have you believe. It's a bit like when I go walking out in the bush; their is an element of risk involved, which requires an amount of education & awareness.

I'll look into just how one can safely receive the recommended dose in the interest of "healthy exposure". I think it would be a helpful thread. Perhaps this can be my positive for the day

This is a good place to start:
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/sun-happiness.htm

Good read thus far.
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-27-2013 at 02:21 PM.

I know I love sun, but I protect my face, it is a benign cancer you realize? It can change, but hopefully will not. I cover my face but I work in garden in shorts and tshirt so I think i got a lot. )Exactly we need the sun as plants do. The positive thing today was that I came home in one piece It is snowing and the road condition is not the best.

Had a shower , bought some Xmas cards

Today I have day off work so it is positive. yeah positive, I feel like I have unlimited time)

Slept in my hammock
    fixed my treadmill