Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have the opposite issue... I have severely low bloop pressure. I used to check it constantly wondering if soon I would pass out... even though I never have.

The best things I could suggest is CBT and also just realize that if it's high normally, stressing over it is what WILL make it worse. Our anxiety feeds the fire, so to speak. So don't feed the fire. Look for natural ways to lower your blood pressure and allow yourself maybe 2 times a day to check it.

I hope you start feeling better asap!

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing this, Perses! What a great post!!

On my way to cardiologist I have cried all morning. Just need some answers and reassurance. Want to be normal again. Without checking vitals 24/7
    Last edited by Blessed; 10-16-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    I go see my cardiologist today and I have soany questions. My primary doc called me at home last night and I told her about the 150/108 she did not se the least bit worried . She said .... This is your anxiety causing all this and I don't feel you need bp meds for it. She told me to put away my bp machine and come to see her every few weeks or so and she would check it for me. This is the hardest thing I ever dealt with in my life. It all stems from seeing my mother die from a massive heart attack on 06. I have held all this inside until my first real panic attack 2.5 years ago. This has become a demon that is trying to destroy me and ur right I do need help this is so addicting. I feel like if I don't ck it I'll have a heart attack, same as if I do ck it I start freaking out cause it's high .
    Yes, you do it to try to protect yourself, but in reality, you are just making yourself terrified.

All our anxious thoughts we have to protect ourselves. For me, I don't have health anxiety right now, I am absolutely terrified of my fiance. I love him, but I am so scared if I don't constantly analyze things, I will wind up hurt. So I obsessively analyze things to the point where I get depressed/suicidal sometimes even though nothing is wrong and wind up hurting our relationship in the process instead of helping it.

Blessed,

Your doctor is very kind to agree to check your blood pressure every couple of weeks. It's also helpful to learn that your mother died from a massive stroke. I can see that this is what precipitated your current obsession with high blood pressure.

You need to follow your doctor's advice. You must learn to trust the doctor. I've already said this, but I'll repeat it. The disease you have is not high blood pressure, it is hypochondriasis. This is what you need to treat. You need to see a psychiatrist who specializes in this. Why continue to make yourself miserable? You really do need professional help; there is no shame in that. You need an advocate to help you through this. Please see a psychiatrist.
    "The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." - John Milton Paradise Lost

Went to see cardiologist yesterday and told her all my thoughts and what I was experiencing. They did an EKG and it came back normal thank The Lord. I had lots of questions for her. At this time they are agreeing with my primary doc that my recent high bp is stemming from anxiety. To reassure them and myself, they are doing a nuclear stress test , treadmill stress test and echocardiogram on next Wednesday. I pray all goes well and that hopefully once and for all I can put this behind me!!!
    Last edited by Blessed; 10-17-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed
    Went to see cardiologist yesterday and told her all my thoughts and what I was experiencing. They did an EKG and it came back normal thank The Lord. I had lots of questions for her. At this time they are agreeing with my primary doc that my recent high bp is stemming from anxiety. To reassure them and myself, they are doing a nuclear stress test , treadmill stress test and echocardiogram on next Wednesday. I pray all goes well and that hopefully once and for all I can put this behind me!!!
    You will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how it goes. In the meantime, have you gotten rid of the machine yet????

I am relieved to say that on my way home from the cardiologist, on the interstate , I opened my sunroof and tossed my bp cuff out the window. Then one by one I chunked the four batteries that helped fuel my OCD tendencies. Then a mile or to up the road I tossed my actual bp machine out the sunroof. No I don't like to litter but I had had enough. I'll be honest that I have checked my bp since using my co workers machine, but I asked them to put it up and they did. This is very hard for me since I have struggled with dizzy and headaches all week but I am really trying here.

Wonderful wonderful!! I love the image of your throwing your bp stuff out the window of your moving car. You have unshackled yourself!!! Wow!! Fantastic!!! Sooooo proud of you, Blessed. It takes great courage. Take aspirin for your headaches, and if you feel dizzy slow down your breathing. Remember it's your anxiety that is doing this. Your doctors are looking out for you; don't let your anxiety or hypochondriasis take charge. Make sure to treat yourself to a new haircut, or go see a movie. Reward yourself.

Also, you may have set backs, and that's ok too. Just keep trying.
    "The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." - John Milton Paradise Lost

Yay! You're doing great, Blessed!

Quote Originally Posted by forwells View Post
    First Step blessed and well done Keep it up . Would be interested to know if you have spoke with any one about your mums death . I know this fear well , my mother died at 24 when i was 18 months old and i also thought i would have the same faith .
    I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. I did speak to a counselor and to my dad about my moms death but it's still hard to grasp sometimes. I need to accept it and let it go but sometimes it's so overwhelming. When I had my first panic attack I thought for certain that I was having a heart attack like she did. I cannot get over this fear and I've got to learn to move past it. I cannot heal myself until I do