Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I'm new and I need help!

Hi everyone, my name is Jordan and I am 16 years old. I've been having anxiety attacks for about five months now. My doctor prescribed me with Trazodone, which is a non-narcodic tranquilizer to help me sleep, since the attacks happened at night. I haven't had an attack for a couple of weeks now, but other things are bothering me. I feel like I am forgetting simple things very easily and, I don't know if it's all in my head, but I've also been having a bit of trouble talking sometimes. Every little ache and pain bothers me and makes me think it's something bigger than it is. For example, the other day, I had a really bad headache and I keep thinking I have brain cancer. Things like that are driving me nuts. I've been under a lot of stress from family issues lately and my mom thinks that that is the reason why I am feeling like this. Does anyone else feel this way, and if you do, what can I do to manage what I'm feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by jsloss View Post
    Hi everyone, my name is Jordan and I am 16 years old. I've been having anxiety attacks for about five months now. My doctor prescribed me with Trazodone, which is a non-narcodic tranquilizer to help me sleep, since the attacks happened at night. I haven't had an attack for a couple of weeks now, but other things are bothering me. I feel like I am forgetting simple things very easily and, I don't know if it's all in my head, but I've also been having a bit of trouble talking sometimes. Every little ache and pain bothers me and makes me think it's something bigger than it is. For example, the other day, I had a really bad headache and I keep thinking I have brain cancer. Things like that are driving me nuts. I've been under a lot of stress from family issues lately and my mom thinks that that is the reason why I am feeling like this. Does anyone else feel this way, and if you do, what can I do to manage what I'm feeling?
    Hey man, I hate when people get this so young. I got it at 20, you're only 16.

These are meant to be the care free years of life!

Anyway, have you had things like forgetfulness and trouble talking, before the trazadone? I know that can cause it, it's pretty strong.

Tablets can make us forget things and make us act very different to our usual selves especially until your body gets used to them. I hope you soon get sorted and find the right tablet so that you can start having fun at your young age.

I actually haven't taken a pill in about a week. I was prescribed with 50 mg but I only take 25 because that's enough to knock me on my butt. I started the forgetfulness last week and the talking problem was this morning. I'm beginning to think the talking problem was just because I was tired because I haven't had a problem since this morning.