Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

been strong for too long

Hello my names Claire and I've recently been diagnosed with PTSD , which means I have a variety of factors affecting me due to this, I suffer with depression, anxiety and hypersensitivity mostly, I'm 27 and alot of things have contributed to my mindset. I'm on 30mg of citalopram,and also diazepam for when I feel the need to sleep and relax. I'm glad I found this forum because I feel as though I need to talk to someone, my dr thinks so too, so here I am.

Hi Claire, welcome to the forum. I agree this forum is great and it's helped me a great deal. Everyone is lovely and give great advice. I suffer from health anxiety and it's so nice to no I'm not going through this alone. I hope you find this forum as useful as I have, I'm also 27 :-)

Thanks, yes it's great knowing I'm not alone in feeling this way, cheers for making me feel welcome it will be interesting and hopefully helpful to learn how others deal with this

Your very welcome I also find looking through the stickies at the top of page helps there are some really useful posts in there :-)

Oh tarr il have a look when the lil ones are at school tomorrow, only time I can relax enough to read much these days lol

Haha I no the feeling :-)

I'm guessing by that you mean you have kids too lol I have 2

Yeah just the one for me he's nine and more than enough lol. But he keeps me busy and helps me a great deal when I'm feeling down :-)

Quote Originally Posted by petrified View Post
    Yeah just the one for me he's nine and more than enough lol. But he keeps me busy and helps me a great deal when I'm feeling down :-)
    Yeah my two help me out alot , especially at the minute as I have a broken wrist, my daughters 7 and my sons 5

Quote Originally Posted by forwells View Post
    Welcome Claire

Could you tell me more about the PTSD . This is something that i believe i may have also
    It can come in all shapes and forms, ie. agoraphobia, feeling low, extremely eccentric one minute and crying the next, overly happy, feelings of self harm, increased sexual feelings..etc.. For me it started out as a self destruction thing, I wanted to drink to forget stuff and I went off the rails, I cried alot. It developed into panic attacks before leaving the house and anxiety ate away at me, the stress on me increased with circumstances that had arisen, and it then developed into depression.. I didn't want to do anything, I lost motivation entirely, I lost interest in sex completely, being alive was a chore. I had feelings of ending it, the only thing that got me through each day was my family. today I still have crying bouts, some days I find it hard to get through, even get out of bed. The meds help, and I'm hoping a few months in they will help me alot more, alot less "black days" ahead hopefully..