Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hello

Hello

My name is Justin, over time I have developed a major case of anxiety and depression. I live in California, I am 23 years old and work at a fast food restaurant. To my knowledge there aren't any resources nearby I can take advantage of without any insurance. My family can't afford any help, nor can I. This is what has brought me here, maybe it's a long shot but I need someone to talk to. It's getting near impossible to even bring myself to work, and that's THE ONLY place I go anymore. I have lost all of my friends due to them thinking I am insane and/or on drugs, or just being plain old socially awkward. The few that stuck around I managed to push away. I'm trying not to get too deep into my issues from the get go, this is just the Welcome Section. Hopefully in me coming here some of you can help me recognize and work on some of my issues. I need someone to talk to, and to stop feeling this way I feel every day.

Hey Justin I'm new to this site as well I literally have lost everything over the last few years my friends/my appetite/my happiness well basically my life so I totally get where you coming from. So what type of symptoms do you experience? and do you believe its underlying issues or just you woke up one day and everything changed? I feel like I push everyone away well I must have done but you're not alone I think its incredibly sad you cannot seek professional medical help and its reminds how lucky we are to have NHS in Britain but if I'm being honest medical teams haven't done anything for me but make me feel like a zombie! I believe talking about it with people who ACTUALLY experience it is the best thing for me and maybe for you too ..who noes worth a try ?

Justin, check with you county Human Services Dept. as they may have free/low cost help for you. Also some churches offer free counseling for those who can't pay. There is help other there so seek it out! That's the day I started getting better.
    If you give the nearest city here I can see if I can find some free/low cost help for you. PM me any time when you post enough to message. Trust me you can get better and there is help for you out there. You deserve and can have a rich and fulfilling life. Alankay

J19o94y: As far as symptoms actual panic attacks aren't present to my knowledge, I hear of people who suffer from crippling panic attacks, I am blessed to not be one of those people. Though I do very commonly get short of breath even forgetting to breath at times. When trying to speak with some one I can only keep eye contact for a very short period of time then I start darting around out of being nervous and I can feel my jawline tense up. It doesn't even matter who I am speaking with it can be a friend I have known for over a decade and am entirely comfortable with and these symptoms still take place. It's like it wipes my mind of all basic knowledge, I can't make jokes, I think other peoples jokes are not jokes. I have extreme mental turmoil that stops me from being able to hold the smallest conversation with someone, at least with out freaking out and my heart racing, usually leaving it obvious to the person i'm speaking with that something is really bothering me. I am always constantly clenching my jaw when focusing on anything, and while sleeping I intensely grind my teeth, enough to wake up anyone next to me. Sometimes I cant sleep for days, and sometimes I sleep for days. I haven't made a connection with anyone in years and it has made me feel empty, I believe leading to depression. Any help which is available I am willing to take, and talking with people here that do understand some of the things I go through i'm sure could turn out to be quite beneficial.

alankay: It wont allow me to PM until I have 10 posts. :P
    Last edited by justinArr; 09-26-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Seems like Social Anxiety And some Generalized anxiety. Just going from what you said. Alankay

Hope you find this forum useful and make some friends on this site.

Real friends will wait for you to get better and will try to understand how you are getting on and try to help. Friends who do not help or do not hang around to wait, are not worth worrying about.

Forget people like that who do not help or wait, and concentrate on any who do stick around, or on making new ones.

I have been on courses for people with depression and have made lots of new friends through this as well as on this forum. I have also set up a peer support group so that people with depression help each other for 1.5 hours a week. You could try and find out if there are any groups like that in your area, I know America is different from England but there may be something like this which would help you.