Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Anybody else?

Anybody else?

So everybody knows about the dreaded derealization symptom... Ick. I'm taking care of that though and remaining optimistic. I am getting off Wellbutrin since it gives me severe insomnia which just makes me dissociate to a higher level. (It's constant). But does anybody have the emotional numbness and just general tiredness? Does this go away and how?! Anxiety kicks my ass...

Why was wellbutrin tried? Was an ssri or two tried and failed to help? Alankay

I get the emotional numbness all the time. It's usually probably because I'm trying to ignore the derealization, and really the only way to do that it to not think about anything at all. Sometimes I'll just think to myself "shouldn't I be sad right now?" Or "Why do I not feel happy"?

Quote Originally Posted by jayj404 View Post
    I get the emotional numbness all the time. It's usually probably because I'm trying to ignore the derealization, and really the only way to do that it to not think about anything at all. Sometimes I'll just think to myself "shouldn't I be sad right now?" Or "Why do I not feel happy"?
    how long have you had derealization? The emotional numbness really gets to me but I'm reading a book about the law of attraction and I'm thinking it could easily heal me

Quote Originally Posted by alankay View Post
    Why was wellbutrin tried? Was an ssri or two tried and failed to help? Alankay
    i have been on Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, and wellbutrin. I take zoloft with wellbutrin. I asked my doctor for it because it helps with concentration and fatigue. But I just can't stand it